Crossroads Schools, Jacksonville area:
Crossroads Schools - a "Unique Concept in Christian Education" - was founded in the Jacksonville FL area to provide a Faith-Based education to K-12 students with varying backgrounds, needs, and goals. Our schools are conveniently located in Arlington and Orange Park. Our mission is to help parents develop the character of their children by nurturing and teaching respect and responsibility through its family-like program.
Quality Christian Education:
At Crossroads Schools, our first priority is to train and equip our students with the skills they need to be successful in society. We encourage our students to view their school and other students with respect, honor, and integrity. Each course is taught with a moral foundation and perspective.
We hope to help students develop into productive citizens and learn to apply values of character and integrity to every aspect of their lives. Our small group, family-like atmosphere is the perfect setting for students with varying learning needs. Classes are held in small working groups with personalized instruction.
Crossroads School is a member of the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI), Coalition of McKay Scholarship Schools and the Learning Disabilities of America (LDA). All transcripts and grades are widely accepted by area public and private schools, and by colleges for transfer and graduation. All transcripts and grades are widely accepted by area public and private schools, and by colleges for transfer and graduation.
Crossroads Schools Guiding Principles:
- Students learn in different ways and should be provided with a variety of instructional approaches and activities to support their learning.
- Students learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional, and academic needs.
- Assessments of students' learning should provide students with a variety of opportunities to demonstrate their achievement.
- A student's self-esteem is enhanced by positive relations and mutual respect among and between students and staff.
- Students are encouraged to make appropriate decisions through a supportive and challenging learning environment.
- Exposure to cultural diversity can increase a student's understanding of different peoples and culture.
- Teachers, administrators, parents, and students, as Stakeholders, share the responsibility for advancing the school's mission.
Our goal at Crossroads Schools is to challenge students to enjoy learning and to be successful.
K-12th Grade Education Programs:
- Crossroads School uses curriculum and supplements from State of Florida-recognized textbooks.
- Our curriculum offers a hands-on, active learning approach that is easily adapted to individual learning needs and styles.
- Students take seven academic subjects per year.
- Our specific courses parallel the State of Florida’s requirement for graduation.
- We aim for each student to be successful and get the skills necessary to graduate and go on to college or work.
- Summer School and tutoring are also available.
Tuition & Scholarships:
Although each student's tuition is individualized based on academic need, a general schedule of tuition, fees and extended payment plans are available upon request. Tuition scholarships are available through Florida's McKay Scholarship Program for Students with Learning Disabilities, Step Up for Students for low-income families on the Free or Reduced Lunch Program and Crossroads Scholarships for families demonstrating economic need. Each campus office can provide information on how to qualify for these scholarships.
Crossroads Schools Statement of Faith:
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:21).
- We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1, Matthew 28:19, John 10:30).
- We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33), His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23, Luke 1:35), His sinless life (Hebrews 4: 15, 7:26), His miracles (John 2:11), His vicarious and atoning death (1 Corinthians 15:3, Ephesians 1:7, Hebrews 2:9), His Resurrection (John 11:25, 1 Corinthians 15:4), His Ascension to the right hand of God (Mark 16:19), His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11, Revelation 19:11).
- We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature and that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ and that only by God's grace and through faith alone are we saved (John 3:16–19, 5:24; Romans 3:23, 5:8–9; Ephesians 2:8–10; Titus 3:5).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of condemnation (John 5:28–29).
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9, 1 Corinthians 2:12–13, Galatians 3:26–28).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:13–14; 1 Corinthians 3:16, 6:19–20; Ephesians 4:30, 5:18).