Shepherd's Hill Academy:
Located in Martin GA, 85 miles northeast of Atlanta, Shepherd’s Hill Academy (SHA) is a co-ed Christian boarding school offering an outdoor residential program for troubled teens ages 12-17. SHA's programs are tailored for teens struggling with a variety of negative behaviors including: ODD (Oppositional Defiant Disorder), ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder), ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder), anger-management, anxiety disorders, Bipolar disorder, behavioral disorders, and more.
Boarding School Programs for Troubled Teens Ages 12-17:
New Creation Wilderness Program:
This is a 12–18 month residential wilderness program offered to both boys and girls, with separate facilities for each, from the ages of 12 to 17.
Shepherd's Hill Academy works hand-in-hand with the Reins of Life ministry to administer the Equine Program to our troubled teens. The Reins of Life mission is to provide mental, physical, emotional, behavioral, and spiritual healing to individuals by harnessing the powerful connection between horses and people.
- Anger management
- Problem solving skills
- Setting and reaching goals
- Spiritual growth and learning
- Developing communication skills
- Personal responsibility
- Mind and body coordination
- Fosters companionship and friendship
- Learning safe, natural horsemanship
Next Step Transition:
Upon transitioning to the Next Step Program, the resident moves out of the wilderness and into a home on campus with 24 hour staff supervision. They are allowed more individual freedom and chances to make “right choices.” They also have the opportunity to gain back certain privileges they did not enjoy in the wilderness, such as TV and video games (in moderation and with supervision, of course). When counselors and staff feel the time is right, residents can earn the privilege of getting a driver’s license and/or acquire a part time job.
Shepherd's Hill Academy:
The main objective of Shepherd's Hill Academy is to provide a fully-accredited year-round Christian boarding school for the students of our program. Shepherd's Hill Academy offers transferable courses commensurate with the educational requirements of this state, based on the Quality Core Curriculum, and provides each graduate with a high school diploma. In addition, we have designed our program to meet the following objectives:
- To teach students how to learn and think analytically
- To teach decision making for a positive future
- To guide each student into career decisions appropriate to his or her gifting and abilities
- To develop the self-concept of the learner through positive educational experiences
- To give students a quality education in preparation to be productive members of society
- To meet the requirements for graduation as set forth by the State of Georgia