With two locations, in Bagno a Ripoli, just south of Florence, and on the south side of the Arno in central Florence in the Tuscany region of northern Italy, the International School of Florence is one of the oldest international schools in Europe. Originally catering to an international, Anglophone community, in the more than 57 intervening years, it has grown and changed, developing into a model international school. Among the programs offered are the International Baccalaureate Organisation's Primary Years Program, an integrated Italian equivalency program (grades 1 through 8) for our host country students who wish to prepare for and take the Italian Terza Media exam, and the challenging International Baccalaureate Diploma Program.
Instruction is in English. Students may also study Italian and French. The school takes advantage of its setting in Florence to study history, art and architecture, and there are frequent field trips to places of interest in the surrounding area. There are elective courses in music, theatre, art, drama, journalism, computers, physical education and yearbook. We are accredited by ECIS and the Middle States Association of Schools and Colleges.
- Programs for pre-kindergarten through grade 13
- Curriculum based on US Models and International Baccalaureate Program with English, Italian, math, science, social studies, technology, theater arts
- Junior School
- Middle School
- Senior School
- Italian Program for Italian Terza Media State exam
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Program
- College Preparation Course SAT
- Example of Recent Inquiry Comments submitted in this area:
Program I am interested in: "Hola , cordial saludo
Mi nombre es jorge beltran soy colombiano y tengo dos hijos, un niño de 16 años que cursa actualmente el grado 10' y una niña de 13 años que cursa el grado 8' quisiera saber si su college es bording todo el año para los dos niños"
Popular educators on Learn4Good. Inquire about our courses today.
Rochester Independent College
- Situated in Kent, just east of London, Rochester Independent College (RIC) is a progressive alternative to conventional secondary education. We provide boarding facilities for A-level students and Year 11 students on GCSE courses who are aged 16 or older. In addition, we offer day programs for students from the age of 11. At Rochester, the focus is on examination success in a lively, supportive and informal atmosphere.
Recent inquiry comment posted 2015-02-24
Program/s I am interested in: "I want my child to be admitted to your school for one year A level course."
Recent inquiry comment posted 2015-02-23
Program/s I am interested in: "GCSEs two year...media and film."