Hand In Hand International School, Yokohama:
Hand In Hand International School in Yokohama, Kanagawa Prefecture in the Greater Tokyo Area offers preschool and kindergarten programs, as well as enrichment and after school programs in English for children ages 1.5 years through to 12 years. Our center is dedicated to providing quality care and an optimal learning environment for early learners of every age. We offer a preschool curriculum for children ages 18 months through to 6 years old, and an after school program for kindergarten and elementary school students. Catering to both foreign and local Japanese families, we are conveniently located within the international community of Motomachi in Yokohama City.
Early Years Education Programs & Child Care Programs in English:
We provide English instructive quality care and an optimal learning environment for early learners of all ages:
- Preschool and kindergarten programs for ages 18 months to 6 years (Full and half day programs available).
- Enrichment and after school programs for children from ages 1.5 years through to 12 years (Elementary school kids):
- Early bird and extended hour care available from 7:30 am to 8:00 pm.
Our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of the whole child through a play-oriented, integrated approach. It includes a consistent daily schedule, well-defined classroom environment, positive verbal climate, a range of high quality instructional strategies, peaceful guidance techniques, and open-ended activities that are reflective of our diverse world.
Our developmentally-appropriate curriculum allows children to learn through purposeful play, while fostering a balance of their social, physical, intellectual and emotional development. Experienced teachers guide learning in early literacy, math, science, social studies, culture and the arts through a variety of hands-on activities, learning materials and exploration that are both stimulating and satisfying to children's expanding interests.
These rich experiences and interactions help children move toward individual and age appropriate goals of early learning standards and kindergarten grade level expectations. We fully embrace a child's individuality and uniqueness to encourage them to reach their fullest potential and to instill respect for the diversity that surrounds them.
Daily Activities include:
- Circle Time / Show and Tell
- Language & Literacy
- Discovery with Math and Science
- Music & Movement
- Creative Arts & Crafts
- Dramatic Play
- Toys and Games
- Story Time
English Immersion Program for Non-Native English Speakers:
We offer an English immersion program where your child will have the opportunity to learn English through active involvement and playful activities. Your child will enhance his / her skill in English in the same natural way they learned their first language. Enroll today and start your child on a bilingual journey.
Why Choose Hand in Hand?
- Low teacher-to-child ratio for maximum level of focus per child.
- Access to large public parks where the children can expend their energy.
- Hot, healthy meals and nutritious snacks prepared by professional dietitians.
- Early bird and extended hour care for the convenience of working parents.