Nihonmachi Little Friends (NFL):
Nihonmachi Little Friends (NLF) is a bilingual, Japanese, multicultural childcare organization located in San Francisco’s Japantown. We offer engaging and diverse programs including a preschool childcare program and an afterschool program, both with a multicultural curriculum.
Nihonmachi Little Friends is very much at the center of life in Japantown. We have helped many families with their transition to San Francisco by providing an instant network of businesses and people who speak Japanese, and who are committed to maintaining the Japanese culture and traditions. Our children's programs have a strong emphasis on Japanese bilingual activities which are presented through music, stories, arts and crafts, and celebration of traditional holiday and events.
- Expand programs to provide a continuum of childcare services for pre-kindergarten to early teens.
- Provide more after school enrichment programs.
- Explore the feasibility of expanding the preschool hours from 7:30am to 6:00pm.
- Explore the feasibility of developing an after school program for middle schoolers as a stand-alone program or in conjunction with other organizations.
- Explore expansion of slots for low-income children.
(for children aged 2 1/2 to 5 years old)
NLF Preschool Programs provides a flexible schedule designed to accommodate the needs of families (full-day, half-day or three days per week).
- Afterschool Program:
(for elementary, school-age children (grades K through 5)
We provide childcare services to elementary school-age children both before and after their regular elementary school programs.
We offer a diverse, multicultural curriculum which emphasizes the Japanese language and culture while integrating a wide range of developmentally appropriate activities. In an environment conducive to learning, our program develops children in all areas fostering self-esteem, cooperation and confidence through Japanese lessons and general lessons.
Through the years, parent and family services have been integrated in an effort to foster active involvement in the overall development of our children. Exciting and educational parent events include workshops on various topics of interest, weekend outings and holiday celebrations.
NLF is Active in the Community:
We participate in several local events throughout the year such as the Cherry Blossom Festival and Nihonmachi Street Fair. We also work with other service organizations providing childcare services for many businesses in our neighborhood.
NLF is affiliated with the following organizations:
- Asian Pacific Islander Family Resource Network (APIFRN).
- SF CARES: Provides stipends for childcare workers to encourage them to stay in the field and continue their education.
- The City of San Francisco's Department of Children, Youth and Families: Provides quality childcare and mental health collaborative funding.
- Family Service Agency of San Francisco.
- APA Fund: Asian Pacific American Community Fund.
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 2031 Bush Street, CA 94115, San Francisco, California , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2016 Learn4Good Ltd : Author of websites listing Schools, Careers, Jobs & Travel Booking Engines