Boarding schools in Malaysia: IB schools, international boarding schools, private American schools, British boarding schools for girls, boys in Kuala Lumpur area, Selangor. College preparatory high school abroad programs..
Cempaka International Ladies’ College is the fifth Cempaka School, and the first private all-girls’ boarding school in Sepang in Selangor, Malaysia, just ten minutes from Kuala Lumpur International Airport and adjacent to the Sepang International Formula One Circuit. Since it opened its doors in 2009, the 35-acre Ladies’ College is one of the premier girls’ schools in the region, catering to students from both Malaysia and abroad. We offer the IGCSE program and pre-university courses IB (2 years) and GAC (1 year) for our boarders and day students. Summer programs are offered in music / sports / equestrian / art run.
Cempaka International Ladies’ College inherits several years of Cempakan education, one that focuses on academic rigour, a wide range of sporting activities and the fine arts which include music, theatre and dance.
Our school represents an exciting modern breed of boarding schools in this region. It combines the established academic tradition of rigour of the British and European system with the rich cultural diversity of South East Asia. With just 280 girls, CILC girls will enjoy a truly intimate setting, with the student population will kept deliberately diverse.
Education programs for both boarders and day students from Malaysia and abroad:
- CILC runs the UK-based Cambridge International Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) curriculum at year 7-11.
- CILC also offers the International Baccalaureate Diploma Year Program (IB-DP) for ages 16 - 19 years and GAC-program (University preparation program that provides academic knowledge, skills & confidence to enter & successfully complete a bachelor's degree at one of many selected universities).
2. Prince of Wales Island International School, Penang
Courses / Programs
Prince of Wales Island International School is a private day and boarding school in the township of Botanica in Pulau Penang, Malaysia, that teaches the British secondary school system to children from ages 11 to 18, leading to Cambridge International (CIE) IGCSE and A level examinations. Our teachers are mostly recruited from British schools and have years of experience teaching this curriculum. The school has facilities for 800 students of which 370 will be boarders.
The British system has a very long tradition of excellence, and the qualifications students attain are recognised world-wide. It is our hope that all students at the Prince of Wales Island International School can apply to any university in the world, including the top institutions.
If your child’s English is not very confident we can help by offering special support lessons. Alternatively for children whose English is quite weak we would suggest that they join the School’s English Language Preparation Course. As well as academics, our school is well equipped with sports facilities, including a 6-lane 25 swimming pool, football pitch, tennis and netball courts, and a multi-purpose hall equipped for indoor sports.
British secondary school curriculum, leading to International GCSE's and A-Levels. Subjects taught include:
- English (literature and language)
- Science (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology)
- Humanities (History, Geography)
- Languages (Bahasa, Mandarin, French, German, Spanish)
- Creative Arts (Art, Design Technology, Informatics)
- Performing Arts (Music, Drama)
- Physical Education (incl. Sport and Dance)
- Personal, Social and Health Education (incl. Moral Education and Islamic Studies)