Located in Winona MN, one hour east of Rochester, Cotter High School is a Catholic boarding and day college preparatory school for boys and girls in grades 7-12, with boarding from 9th Grade on. Our diverse school community includes students with a wide range nationalities, talents and interests.
We are accredited by the The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS) and National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA).
Why Choose Cotter Schools?
Cotter is a diverse Catholic school community of faith, scholarship, and service. We believe that the whole person is integral to learning. We attend to the intellectual, physical, emotional, interpersonal, and spiritual well-being of each student. We believe that the world is the classroom and technology is a tool which expands horizons and empowers students in their learning. Discover what is important to you.
- Creative Expression
We believe that students learn best by actively participating in meaningful, challenging activities in a safe environment that encourages success and fosters creativity.
- Academic Excellence
We seek to provide an interdisciplinary, well-balanced liberal arts education integrating the arts, the humanities, and the sciences.We foster an open
atmosphere conducive to academic inquiry, the pursuit of knowledge, and personal growth
- Diverse Student BodyWe believe that diversity and cultural competency education are essential components of our students' lives as we prepare them to live and work in an everevolving complex world
- A Valuable Investment
We believe that the best education can be found at Cotter Schools, where challenging academics, development of character, and an ethical foundation better prepare students for life beyond high school.
- Athletic Distinction
We seek to provide all student-athletes with positive experiences that promote the ideals of leadership, physical fitness, competition, and the pursuit of excellence.
- Boarding Programs for boys and girls in grades 9-12
- Day Programs for boys and girls in grades 7-12
- College Preparatory Curriculum
- Advanced Placment Courses
- College Prep Courses ACT and SAT
- English as a Second Language Program
Core curriculum subjects include:
- Social Studies
- Foreign Languages
- Computer Science
- Physical education
- The Cotter Residence Center provides boarding for International and American students in grades 9-12. At Cotter you will learn in a community of students from across the world, all here with one purpose: to learn in a rigorous academic environment where you are respected and challenged.
- The single rooms are modern, fully furnished with a sink and ample closet space. Internet support and telephone service are also available in each room. The Cotter Residence Center is staffed with a Director of Residence Life and seven adult staff members who reside on each floor and provide a safe and secure home away from home for sixty young men and women.
- The students are welcome to use the tennis courts, basketball court and various athletic fields on the campus. During the winter months they are provided with an opportunity for reduced fee memberships to the local YMCA for swimming, exercise and basketball facilities.
Cotter students develop and grow within a challenging, supportive, faith-based learning environment. Students are encouraged to take a new look at themselves to discover skills and talents that will contribute toward their future success. A wide variety of extracurricular activities are offered that enhance the Cotter experience for each student.
International students are urged to consider Cotter and benefit from our comprehensive ESL program. In addition to excellent support as they seek to improve their spoken and written English skills, Cotter's international students complete a rigorous college preparatory curriculum to prepare them for admission to a variety of top-tier colleges and universities throughout the United States and abroad.
Our alumni include students from Japan, Germany, Russia, South America, France, South Africa, Czech Republic, Taiwan, Korea,and China.
Broaden your life beyond the classroom experience through participation in co-curricular activities to nurture your athletic, artistic, competitive or expressive self. At Cotter Schools, we firmly believe the activities we offer encourage students to build adult relationships and become whole persons by teaching them the value and rewards of teamwork, commitment, and effort.
Our activities are designed to help students learn what it takes to succeed in life by setting goals, personally as well as collectively, and by encouraging students to reach their individual and collective promise.
Our clubs and organizations include:
- Concert Band
- Concert Choir
- Jazz Band
- Jazz Combos
- Marching Band
- Men’s Small Choral Ensemble
- Music Listening
- Pep Band
- Show Choir
- Solo-Ensemble Program
- Symphonic Band
- Women’s Small Choral Ensemble
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: Winina, 1115 West Broadway Street, Rochester, Minnesota , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2015 Learn4Good Ltd : Author of websites listing Schools, Careers, Jobs & Travel Booking Engines