French Camp Academy:
Located 80 miles north of Jackson, Mississippi, French Camp Academy (FCA) is a private, Christian coeducational boarding school for children from K-5 to 12th grades. Established in 1885, we are accredited through the Mississippi Department of Education and a member of the Association of Christian Schools International. FCA helps families and young people from all over the country who may or may not be in some type of crisis, but need a supportive atmosphere with plenty of mentors to help overcome personal or family setbacks or who simply need a boarding school education. Although FCA is not considered a therapeutic boarding school, it just may be the place that you are looking for if your child or teen is in need of an affordable and alternative Mississippi boarding school.
Educational Programs for K-12 Students:
The educational program at FCA has a strong Christian emphasis and is approved by the Mississippi State Department of Education. It includes academic classes, vocational training, radio communication skills, an observatory, a full sports program, and an active music and arts program for grades 9-12. We provide a 15:1 student/teacher ratio in our classrooms. Over 90% of our graduates go on to higher education. Extra help and tutoring are offered to any student that needs it. Kindergarten through eighth-grade boarding students attend French Camp Elementary School, located across the street from French Camp Academy.
The following courses are taught at French Camp Academy by certified teachers who seek to integrate faith and learning in the classroom.
- English: I, II, III, & IV
- Math: Pre-Algebra, Algebra 1 & 2, Trigonometry, Geometry
- Science: Physical Science, Biology 1 & 2, Chemistry, Physics, Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Social Studies: World Geography, Mississippi Studies, World History, US Government, US History
- Foreign Language: Spanish 1 & 2, French 2, Latin
- Bible: Old Testament, New Testament, Christian Family Life
- Electives: Accounting 1 & 2, Keyboarding, Personal Finances, Art, Health, Chorus, Drama/Public Speaking, Driver’s Education, Desktop Publishing, Computer Applications
- Worship: Because spiritual, emotional, and social development are essential to mature decision making, students participate in daily family-style devotions in the homes, weekly worship services on Sunday mornings and evenings, and mentoring and counseling opportunities as desired.
- Full athletic program (football, cheerleading, baseball, softball, basketball, track and field, cross country and tennis.
- Equestrian activities, music and the arts and other extra curricular activities abound!
- Work Programs: Staff members work with students on campus 10 – 15 hours per week to develop solid work habits and an attitude of serving others, in areas such as horsemanship, radio broadcasting, grounds/landscaping, pottery, office and retail management, graphic design and more.