Visual College of Art and Design of Vancouver (VCAD):
Located in Vancouver, BC, Canada, the Visual College of Art and Design of Vancouver (VCAD) offers a range of applied arts diploma programs, including the Game Development and Design Program. This program focuses on providing graduates with the solid foundation in the technical and artistic skills they need to become a part of the growing game, animation and CGI industries.Email: Contact us belowNote:
Visual College of Art and Design of Vancouver only accepts inquiries here from persons living in Canada at present.
Game Development and Design Diploma Program:
Students will acquire a solid foundatio
n in traditional artistic techniques and key storytelling, game design, modeling, game play, and animation techniques. From design fundamentals, color theory to life drawing, students will apply this knowledge to the production and animation of characters, texturing, lighting, design and layout.
Students will be able to apply industry standard software tools and techniques to production processes. Besides that students acquire important inside knowledge about the industry and the interactive entertainment pipeline during the program. Students will build an industry standard portfolio which helps them jump-start their new career.
- Term 1: 2D Animation Foundations; Colour & Design; Game Theory; Life Drawing I; Photoshop I
- Term 2: Character Design; Life Drawing II; Maya I; Story Boarding
- Term 3: Animation II; Character Modeling II; Environmental Modeling II; Game Conceptualization; Texture and Lighting
- Term 4: Animation III; Character Modeling III; Environmental Modeling III; Level Design I; Rigging
- Term 5: Game Animation; Interface Design; Level Design II; Maya Scripting; Portfolio I
- Term 6: Advanced Lighting and Texturing; Compositing & Editing; Effects Animation; Portfolio II
Graduates of the Game Development and Design program are prepared for entry-level work in a variety of CGI based industries like computer animation studios, game development companies, post production and special effects studios. They may also work for industrial design firms and software producers, or for companies that require the production of 3D graphics and animation.
Please ensure that you enter a vaild email address, telephone number and Postal Code.
* marked fields are required