New York Language Center:
New York Language Center (NYLC) is an English language school with four locations throughout New York City in Upper West Side Manhattan, Midtown Manhattan, Jackson Heights in Queens, and The Bronx. We offer ESL courses for students from all over the world with beginner, intermediate and advanced levels of English, including intensive and super-intensive English courses. We also offer TOEFL exam preparation and Business English classes designed to fit your individual needs. We have classes on weekday mornings, afternoons, evenings, and weekends, depending on the location. You may study with us for as little as one week or as long as one full year.
- ESL courses for beginner, intermediate and advanced levels
- Intensive English courses of 20 hours, 25 hours, or 30 hours per week
- TOEFL exam preparation
- Business English classes
- Advanced English Grammar
- Advanced English Writing
- Part-time or short English courses (4 to 15 hours per week). You may register for 3 weeks or more in a short course. If you want to study for more than five weeks in a short course you will be able to do so.
Our intensive English couses include Intensive Language Program (ILP) which is 20 hours per week, Premium Intensive Language Program (PILP) which is 25 hours per week and only available at our Midtown Manhattan branch, and Super Intensive Language Program (SILP) which is 30 hours per week.
The 15 hour per week English Plus program is offered at NYLC-Midtown and is highly recommended for part time students who don’t have the time to take an Intensive program.
All other NYLC-branches also offer short courses of 4 to 10 hours per week, and we have classes on weekday mornings, afternoons, evenings, and weekends depending on the location.
Upon course completion, you will receive a certificate that you'll be proud to present as evidence of your accomplishments. Upon completion of individual levels, you can also receive a letter of completion.
New York Language Center is certified as an English Language School by the New York State Education Department. It is also authorized by the U.S. Department of Immigration to enroll non-immigrant foreign students. New York Language Center is a member of NAFSA (Association of International Educators), TESOL (Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages), and ALTO (Association of Language Travel Organisations) and FIYTO (Federation of International Youth Travel Organisations).
Highly Experienced & Qualified Teachers:
We require that our instructors meet and surpass the rigorous standards of the New York State Education Department. All our instructors are highly experienced, and each must complete a thorough orientation prior to teaching with NYLC. Additionally, instructors are observed at least bi-weekly by a supervisor to ensure their effectiveness.
- Over the past 25 years, thousands of students from over 75 countries have learned English at New York Language Center. So strong is our reputation that word-of-mouth is our most effective advertisement. Most of our students learn about NYLC from alumni who have had positive experiences at our school.
- We have developed our own teaching materials with you, the student, in mind. Unlike other English programs, we provide you with all books and materials at no additional charge.
- We use an eclectic teaching approach, and draw from the latest techniques in ESL (English as a Second Language) instruction. Our curriculum emphasizes real-life situations, and all of our programs include speaking, listening, reading and writing. You will begin speaking English from the very first day of class!
- 4 locations Throughout New York City. You will have your choice of where to study. Transportation to any of our branches via subway or bus is safe, quick, and efficient.
- Affordable Cost: New York Language Center's prices are among the most competitive in the New York area. Quality education, however, is never compromised.
- Convenient Schedules: New York Language Center offers classes seven days a week. We are open 8am - 10pm Monday through Friday, with special hours on Saturday and Sunday. Certainly, you will find a schedule that fits your needs. New classes begin each week, so you'll never wait long to begin your English classes.
- Before beginning a course at New York Language Center, you will take an oral and a written placement test to determine your level. You will also be given midterm and final exams in each class, which will help monitor your progress and identify your strengths and weaknesses.
"We have been in NYC for 4 weeks. We enjoyed this experience and we would like to come back in the future if we can. It is a good school, we're so happy with our English lessons and the teachers and all the staff are really nice. We have met a lot of friends and we have visited so many places in New York City. Also we went to Niagara Falls, Washington and Philadelphia, too. It was awesome! Thanks for everything."
- Cristina and Neus, Spain
"I stayed here for 2 weeks and the classes were so great. The teacher and all the people that work here are wonderful. I really enjoyed it!"
- Maria Luisa Gregoletto
"Since I arrived in NY I enjoyed it all, but what I most like is the parks and lifestyle in NY. I learned so much English, about the culture there, and interesting places. I love NY, it's impossible you don't like the city, you can find everything there. I loved the school, the staff are very helpful, and i learned a lot. I made good friends from all the world, it's really a great experience."
- Diogo Gamba, Brasil
"I was at the New York Language Center- Bronx for five (5) weeks intensive course and it was a good experience that allowed me to strengthen my abilities in listening, writing and speaking, and it triggered something off in my mind to get rid of the fear of making mistakes when I speak in English. I sincerely thank the staff of reception and supervision for their kindness and especially thank so much to Mr. Ed Dickman and Miss Monica for their teaching. Hello to all my friends of Level IV and Advanced Levels. I hope to have the opportunity to return one day to follow the higher levels and for a longer duration."
- Christine Sandra Nse Esseng
"Hola!! gracias a la beca MEC he podido difrutar esta experiencia por New York que ha sido increible. Me ha encantado la gente y su amabilidad. Tambien me voy aprendiendo un poquito de ingles. Saludos."
- Marta Maria Espinal Jimenez, Andalucia
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 226 W. 37th Street, 11th Fl. (near 7th Avenue), New York City, New York , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2014 Learn4Good Ltd : Author of websites listing Schools, Careers, Jobs & Travel Booking Engines