Stepping Stone School:
Stepping Stone School located in Bloomsbury, Hunterdon County, New Jersey, is a private, day school with a therapeutic emphasis serving Children and Adolescents with Emotional Disorders, Learning Disabilities, Asperger's Syndrome, ADD & ADHD and more. An individualized instructional and therapeutic program is provided as an integral part of the school experience. More than 800 students, as well as their families have benefited from the program since its inception. The Stepping Stone Program strives to create an appropriate balance between a student's emotional and academic needs. The school climate is based on trust, caring, cooperation and respect for the individual needs of each child.
Stepping Stone School provides all its students, a state certified program, with a curriculum aligned to fulfill the New Jersey Core Curriculum Content Standards (NJCCS). In addition, Stepping Stone School complies with The Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA).
* Individualized instruction through small class settings with a special education teacher and at least one full time aide in each room.
* Intensive individual and group counseling for students and families.
* School-to-work skills and career awareness
* Social skills development
* Speech correction
* Affective education
* Problem solving training
* Behavior modification for personal responsibility development
* Support and encouragement with every endeavor
* College preparation for students who will pursue post secondary education
* Physical education with emphasis on exercise, health and nutrition
* Extended school year program