Private Schools New York state: Private Elementary Schools, Middle schools, High school programs, Preschools, Orange County NY child care centers, day care services, after school programs, kindergarten, K-8, K-12 schools, Christian schools..
Goshen Christian School, centrally located in Goshen, Orange County (50 miles northeast of NYC), New York State, is a private Christian school offering a Christ-centered education for students from pre-school through 9th grade. We are a parent-run school with a diversity of denominations represented in both our staff and students; families that are committed to training up their children to fear and serve the Lord in the world community. Our common bond is our faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ for our salvation.
- Pre-Kindergarten for 3 & 4 yr. olds
- Grades 1 through 9
- Language Arts
- Leadership Society
& more ...
2. Watershed Learning Center's - The Birch School & Homeschool Resource Center
Courses / Programs
Watershed Learning Center's The Birch School & Homeschool Resource Center is a learning alternative for youngsters in Orange County, NY and the Greater Hudson Valley. It is a nature-based, ecology program based on democratic principles. We serve students ages 4 - 17 with Full-time and Part-time school options, and Homeschoolers. We encourage child-led, child-centered, inquiry based and project based learning opportunities.
We follow in the tradition of schooling which includes Waldorf, Montessori, Reggio Emilio. We are part of an international network of progressive schools, AERO, Alternative Education Resource Organization.
Nature-Based, Child-Centered, Connected Learning Community
- Full and Part-time school program
- Students ages 4 - 17
- Homeschool resource center, support, classes
* Our curriculum is individualized, with a foundation in age-appropriate natural history, geography and science, music and the arts.
3. Tuxedo Park School
Courses / Programs
Tuxedo Park School is a private, independent, coeducational day school for students in preschool through to freshman year, and is one of the most unique educational opportunities for PreK -9th grade children in the United States. We are located in Tuxedo Park, a village within the southern part of the Town of Tuxedo, in the southwestern corner of Orange County, NY, 15 minutes north of Bergen County, NJ (and just west of Rockland County).
Although we are in the historic gated community of Tuxedo Park, New York, our students come from 35 different communities in Orange, Rockland, Bergen, and Passaic Counties. The New York Thruway and Routes 287 and 17 offer easy highway access.
Our challenging curriculum, high academic standards, small class sizes, and committed faculty create an environment that fosters intellectual curiosity, growth, and interaction. We value respect, integrity, and perseverance, and we constantly strive to develop a sense of connectedness to one another, to our local community, and to the world around us.
- Primary School: Pre-Kindergarten, Kindergarten, First, Second and Third Grade.
- Middle School: Grades Four, Five, and Six.
- Upper School: Grades Seven, Eight and the Freshman Year (9th Grade), offers a challenging preparatory curriculum for students.
- After School Programs: Late Group (3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday - Thursday), Discovery Programs, Intramural Sports Program that meets on most Friday afternoons at 3:00 p.m. and Homework Club (from 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.).