With four campuses located throughout Singapore, Uptrend College is a career training institution that provides full-time and part-time English language Certificate & Diploma courses for adults. Courses include a Certificate in English for Communication, LCCI Business English Preparation, IELTS Exam Preparation, and a TESOL Diploma for students looking to become English teachers. Uptrend College has four modern and well-equipped campuses - the main school in Yishun and three city campuses in Jurong, Dhoby Ghaut, & Tampines.
English Language Certificate & Diploma Courses:
Certificate in English for Communication:
- Full-time, 6-month course
- 3 hours of lessons per day / additional 2 hours self-study
This is a full-time 6-month course that is taught at 7 levels - from preliminary level through to advanced. Students are taught listening, speaking, reading and writing skills. The aim of the course is to enable students who are not native speakers of English to communicate in English, in everyday situations and to prepare them for a third-level education conducted in English.
The course will be delivered on a full-time basis, Mondays - Fridays, 3 hours daily with an additional 2 hours for self study, group work, project work and sports. Topics / Modules include:
- At Home; Numbers; Clothes; Time Colour
- Days of the Week; At School; Hobbies and Games; Animals
- Countries and Nationalities; At Home; At School; Families and Relations; Food and Drink; At play; At the Zoo; Dates, Times and Seasons
- Personal Information; Where you live; On Holiday; Health and Medicine; At School; Jobs; Food and Drink; Crime; Clothes; Entertainment; Nature; Vocabulary Lists
- Introducing the Family; A Visit from the Relatives; Going on Holiday; Medical Matters; A Day Out in Birmingham; Birthday Celebrations; School Life; Things to do at the Weekend; Vocabulary Lists
- Getting on together; Been there, done that!; What a story; No Place like home; Nothing but the truth; Making it big; Going to extremes; An eye to the future; Risking life and limb; Forever friends; In your dreams; It's never too late
- How you come across; Living together; Going Global; In the money; 21st century lifestyles; Mixed emotions; Mind, body and spirit; Leaning for life; A question of taste; Truth and lies
Preparatory Course for LCCI Level 2 Certificate in English for Business:
- Part-time course that comprises 10 lessons of 3 hours each
- 1.5 months (30 hours) to complete
LCCI (London Chamber of Commerce Industry) is the leading global provider of vocational, business-related qualifications and has more than 5,000 centres in over 100 countries. LCCI qualifications are recognised internationally by employers, universities and professional bodies.
This course is aimed at candidates who have a sound understanding of English in a business context, gained either through previous learning, employment or both, and who are able to communicate in a familiar business situation effectively, and with only minimal assistance or supervision. It aims to help students to develop their reading, writing, listening and speaking business English language skills. The qualification consists of a mandatory reading and writing exam and optional speaking and listening exams.
The course aims to help candidates to understand spoken and recorded Business English at the defined level and to write accurate English using formats that are current and common in business communication. Topics covered include:
- Business Letters
- Business Reports
- Business-Related Articles
- Company Leaflets
- Lists and/or Structured Notes
- Company Notices
IELTS Preparatory Course
- Full-time, 24-week course
- 120 lessons - 3 hours per lesson
Conducting 1.7 million tests globally, IELTS (International English Language Testing System) is the world's most popular test of English language proficiency. It is recognised as an entrance requirement by British, American, Australian, New Zealand and Canadian universities and for secondary, vocational and training programmes.
This is an intensive 24-week course delivered on a full-time basis in 120 lessons (Mondays-Fridays, 10am-1pm). Our intensive IELTS Preparation Course is designed to prepare candidates for the Cambridge IELTS examination.
LTTC Diploma in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
Full-time = 60 lessons, 2 hours per lesson
Part-time = 36 lessons, 3 hours per lesson
The Diploma in TESOL is specifically targeted at those who are interested in teaching English as a second or foreign language. Our specially selected experienced and qualified Academic Staff will give you help and guidance through the course as well as mark your assignments and give you personal feedback. Our Diploma in TESOL is issued by The London Teacher Training College, approximately 2 months after completion of the final practical assessment
By course completion, students will:
- know how to design lesson plans
- know how to organise the class
- know how to use materials and aids to teach English in the class
- know the principles on which modern language teaching is based
- know which methodologies can be used to teach English
- understand how language is acquired
- understand what constitutes errors in a language
- understand what phonetic and phonology are
- About Us
|Address: #03-02 701A Yishun Ave 5, Singapore, 761701, Singapore|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2015 Learn4Good Ltd : Author of websites listing Schools, Careers, Jobs & Travel Booking Engines