Established in 1986, Uptrend College is an accredited college in Singapore. We specialise in providing certificate, diploma and degree courses that lead to internationally-recognised qualifications to local and international students. We offer a wide range of courses, from business and accountancy to hospitality, which are accredited by renowned institutions and awarding bodies such as the Heriot-Watt University & University of Derby in the UK, Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) and the London Chamber of Commerce Industry (LCCI). Uptrend College has 4 modern and well-equipped campuses - the main school in Yishun and 3 city campuses in Jurong, Dhoby Ghaut, & Tampines.
Prestigious Educational Partners:
- Heriot-Watt University:
Located in Edinburgh, Scotland, Heriot-Watt University (HWU) has been consistently ranked as one of the top Universities in the UK. In the Guardian University Guide 2012, it was ranked the Top 16 UK University in Business and Management Studies and the Top 5 UK University in Psychology. It is also one of the top UK universities for graduate employment, with 94% of graduates entering directly into work, further study or training. With its origins dating back to 1821, it is the eighth oldest higher education institution in the UK.
- London Chamber of Commerce Industry (LCCI):
With over 5,000 centres in over 100 countries, LCCI is the leading global provider of vocational, business-related qualifications. LCCI examinations are recognised internationally by employers, universities and professional bodies. Every year, approximately 250,000 students choose LCCI qualifications to further their professional and academic careers.
- ACCA (the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants):
ACCA is the global body for professional accountants and provides business-relevant, first-choice qualifications to students around the world who seek a rewarding career in accountancy, finance and management. Uptrend College is an ACCA Registered Tuition Provider which means that we meet the criteria and a quality standard lay down by the ACCA, and is monitored by them to ensure the standard and quality of our lecturers.
- The University of Derby:
With more than 160 years of expertise in education, The University of Derby is a modern, innovative university in the East Midlands region of England. It has been ranked as a Top 10 UK University for tourism, transport and travel (Guardian University Guide 2013), and it was also voted 3rd in UK for students satisfaction with teaching (Sunday Times University Guide 2012). Students who successfully complete the Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in International Hospitality Management course with Uptrend College will be awarded a prestigious and internationally-recognised degree of the exact same standing and status as those received at the Buxton Campus in UK.
Highly-Qualified & Experienced Tutors:
At Uptrend College, you will receive the best educational service of the highest quality. Our teaching academy is made up of responsible and dedicated tutors who are all highly qualified and backed by vast teaching experience. They are all registered with the Council for Private Education (CPE), Singapore.
Uptrend College Accreditation:
- Uptrend College has been awarded the EduTrust provisional certification from the Council for Private Education. This award is given to Private Educational Institutions (PEIs) in Singapore for the attainment of academic excellence and the best business practices.
- Uptrend College is approved by Education Development International plc as a Registered Training Centre.
Business & Accounting Certificate, Diploma & Degree Courses:
Diploma & Advanced Diploma Courses Awarded by Uptrend College:
- Diploma & Advanced Diploma in Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Diploma & Advanced Diploma in Business Management: Graduates of the Uptrend College advanced diploma or similar qualification may be exempt from subjects in the degree courses and may enter in the Final Year.
Degree Programs awarded by Heriot Watt University:
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor of Arts in Business and Finance
- Bachelor of Arts in Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Management & Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts in Accountancy
- Bachelor of Arts in Accountancy and Finance
- Master of Science in Business Psychology
Degree Program awarded by the University of Derby:
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in International Hospitality Management
London Chamber of Commerce Industry (LCCI) Courses:
- Preparatory Course for LCCI Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration
- Preparatory Course for LCCI Level 3 Diploma in Marketing
- Preparatory Course for LCCI Level 3 Private Secretary’s Diploma
- Preparatory Course for LCCI Level 3 Diploma in Accounting
- Preparatory Course for LCCI Level 3 Diploma in Computerised Accounting
- Preparatory Course for LCCI Level 3 Certificate in Practical ICT Skills
- Preparatory Course for LCCI Level 2 Certificate in Book-Keeping & Accounts
- Preparatory Course for LCCI Level 1 Certificate in Book-Keeping
- Preparatory Course for Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) Examination
Exam Preparation / English Courses:
- Preparatory Course for GCE O Level Exams
- Preparatory Course for Admission to Government Primary/ Secondary Schools
- English courses (Certificate for Communication/ IELTS Preparatory Course)
Why Study in Singapore?
- Singapore has grown to become one of the major trading, commercial, and industrial nations in the world and is a safe and comfortable place to live, study and work. It has the world's best airport, busiest port, finest hotels, restaurants and shopping centres.
- The cost of living and studying in Singapore is about 30% lower than countries such as Australia, the US, and the UK.
- Singapore provides equal opportunities for everyone to obtain a good and well-rounded education. Students who study in Singapore can apply for various educations grants and subsidies.
- There is a very high standard of education in Singapore. The government has been actively developing and enhancing the educational institutions and improving our education system here. We have attracted many world-class universities to teach and do research in Singapore and also taken many steps to develop our country as a regional hub for high quality and value-added education.