Hope Technology School, California:
Located in Palo Alto in Santa Clara County in the San Francisco Bay Area, CA, Hope Technology School (HTS) is a not-for-profit school, established in 2001, with the mission of providing an exceptional learning experience for typical and special needs children from preschool through to 8th grade in a fully inclusive, technology rich environment. We also have the Prep Center, a "Private School Satellite Program" for high school aged students. Hope Technology School serves families throughout the Redwood, Menlo Park, Los Altos, Sunnyvale and other Francisco Bay communities.
Academic & Social Curriculum:
The Hope Technology School's licensed, inclusive preschool program is open to children from 3 years old. Our balanced program helps children learn and grow socially and academically. We emphasize inclusion, acceptance, play, and creativity, in addition to an innovative academic curriculum. Children thrive in our exciting and safe environment complete with peer friendships, creative projects, outdoor play, and fun in learning. Academics include math, science, art, music, reading and writing. With a classroom theme, we incorporate many lessons and activities making children's learning comprehensive and consistent.
All of our graduates test at beyond entry into kindergarten levels.
* Reading: Zoo-Phonics® is an innovative and fun phonetic awareness, pre-reading, spelling and writing program that incorporates sounds, movement, music and association to teach children all the letters and their sounds.
* Writing: Handwriting Without Tears is a writing program that uses a multi-sensory approach to teach writing. Using play dough, chalk boards, etch-a-sketch boards, and pencil & paper, students have a hands on learning experience.
* Math & Science: Math curriculum includes counting, simple addition, categorizing, shapes, colors, basic comparative skills, and opposites. We often explore on nature walks, study animals, and conduct simple science experiments.
* Social: "Social Stories" teach skills in social interaction and conflict resolution. Our goal is to help students develop friendships as they grow.
* Music & Art: We incorporate music and art into nearly all of our daily activities and emphasize creativity and self-expression.
Elemetary School to High School:
In creating an inclusive environment, many factors need to be considered. We have found self-regulation and sensory integration diets to be essential. For some students, standard school furniture can cause distractions by creating annoying tactile sensations, or by being confining. We use a variety of tools to help our students including quiet and cozy areas in each classroom, various seats (ball chairs and rocking desk chairs, cushion seats), swings, noise canceling headphones, music players. All of these tools are implemented differently across the school to sustain attention, regulate behavior and optimize learning.
Subjects include math, reading, language arts, science and social studies. We use the following curriculum:
* McGraw Hill Curriculum across all subjects
* Glencoe Science Curriculum
* Great Explorations in Math and Science (GEMS), Developed by Lawrence Hall of Science at UC Berkeley
* Tribes Social Curriculum
* Handwriting without Tears
* LifeSkills Curriculum for Middle School and Prep Center students
* Zoophonics for Preschool students
* Dynamic Physical Education curriculum for P.E. in addition to an optional enrichment program, "Fit Fun."
Prep Center (Private School Satellite Program - High School Students):
HTS Prep Center (PC) is a "Private School Satellite Program" or PSP providing "enrichment classes," and is committed to provide students with the tools needed to succeed in high-school and college. The Prep Center (PC) has five components to prepare high school students for their future: Life Prep, Exam Prep, Vocational Prep, Middle College Prep, and Home-school Support.
In the first year of attending the PC, our learning specialist will provide students with a focus on Life and Exam Preparation with an emphasis in math, English, and self advocacy skills. Math and English workshops will give the students a head start with the basic skills needed to succeed in preparing for the high school proficiency exam, vocational qualifications, and middle college programs.
Learning Specialist Becky Mariscal graduated Summa Cum Laude with Honors from Santa Clara University with a BS in Liberal Studies and a minor in Urban Education. Becky received her Multiple Subject teaching credential in June 2008 from Santa Clara University. Becky has worked as a student teacher at Pomeroy Elementary School in Milpitas and an assistant teacher for Jose Valdez Summer Math Institute teaching middle school and high school aged students. Becky has also volunteered at Downtown College Prep and Oak Grove High School tutoring high school students.
1. Life PREP: Students receive job and life skills training, ranging from writing resumes and cover letters to filling out job applications, proper dress and etiquette lessons and financial management. For example, students will take a field trip to the bank, open up checking accounts and learn how to use functional math (balance a checkbook). The PC may also connect students to HTS "NPA" therapy program.
2. Exam PREP: Math and English workshops will prepare for exams such as the California High School Proficiency Exam (CHSPE) and General Education Diploma (GED). Our learning specialist will create a workshop schedule which students may choose to attend.
3. Vocational PREP: Our Learning Specialist will help facilitate students to attend Regional Occupation Programs (ROP). These ROP classes provide quality career preparation and skill training for high school students who are 16 years of age or older. Daytime programs are located on high school and college campuses. ROP courses provide students with the skills they need to compete in today's technical job market. Those skills enable students to attain jobs, upgrade their fields, and/or pursue higher levels of training in their chosen occupation.
4. Middle College PREP: Colleges have defined and structured programs that enable high school students to earn both their high school diplomas and their Associates Degree. Our Learning Specialist will prepare students for middle college with field trips to college campuses, joining students to disability centers (as needed), and presenting guest speakers.
5. Home School Support: The HTS Prep Center is a great way to provide students with home-school support in a positive environment. The PC is equipped to provide a classroom workspace where students can socialize and receive tutoring. The PC will offer opportunities to hear guest speakers, attend field trips, and participate in physical education classes. At the PC, students will be able to set the pace of their education while doing their own home-school program.
The PC is not a high school or home-school program. The Prerequisite to attending the PC is to be already graduated from 8th grade and enrolled in your family's choice of a high school or home-school program such as CAVA, K-12, or filing the R4 Affidavit form.
Email: Contact Us
- About Us
|Address: 2525 E. Bayshore Road, Palo Alto, California , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2015 Learn4Good Ltd : Author of websites listing Schools, Careers, Jobs & Travel Booking Engines