International schools in Switzerland: IB international school, American boarding schools in Europe for girls/ boys. British private schools, senior & junior boarding schools. High school abroad programs in France, Italy, Austria, Swiss international schools.
Aiglon College is an accredited, English-speaking international boarding school for boys and girls ages 9 to 18 years. Aiglon offers the British National Curriculum in preparation for IGCSE (International General Certificate of Secondary Education) exams in middle school. We also offer the IB (International Baccalaureate) Diploma program to sixth form students. Conveniently located in Switzerland, Central Europe (just 90 minutes from Geneva International Airport), Aiglon offers a well-rounded education to students in a secure and friendly international community, with over 50 nationalities represented.
In both Junior and Senior Schools, courses are taught in English, with a high-quality ESL (English as a Second Language) programme for all non-English speakers. Exam results are important, but so is the need for independent learning skills so that Aiglon pupils will flourish at university.
Aiglon College meets the demanding standards required for UK, Swiss and International schools. We participate in accreditation and inspection programmes through the UK independent schools inspection system, the Council of International Schools and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
- All courses are taught in English
- Preparation for the University of Cambridge GCSE and IGCSE examination courses
- Preparation for the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme
- ESL (English as a Second Language) programme for all non-English speakers.
2. The International Cottage
Courses / Programs
Situated in the town of Vevey, 15 miles east of Lausanne, south-west Switzerland, The International Cottage is an international private school for primary level children ages 3 to 12 years. We offer an international education taught through English following the guidelines of the Primary Years Programme (PYP). Dedicated to small classes and individualized programs with a teacher-student ratio of 1:8, The International Cottage offers a high quality international curriculum.
The International Cottage strives to promote a spirit of multiculturalism represented by students and teachers of 20 different nationalities. We aim to develop an environment where all children can feel safe and secure both in their learning and socially. Our success is based on the tested principle that when students feel valued and are encouraged, they approach learning with enthusiasm and are happy to come to school each day.
The International Cottage was established in 2010 and immediately positioned itself as a pioneer with its unique vision and dynamic approach to international education. We believe that education is a learning process involving a balance between guided learning experiences and open inquiry.
International Private School Program for Children Ages 3-12 (Taught through English)
- The Early Years Program (3-5 Years)
- Primary Years Program (PYP)
- Mixed-age classrooms
- After-School Care Program
- Homework Support Program
- French Studies
- Enrichment classes
- Art & Communications Workshops
- Small class sizes (1:8 ratio)
- Individualized attention
- Multicultural faculty & student body
- Middle & High School opening 2014
3. Léman International Academy, Geneva
Courses / Programs
Léman International Academy (LIA) is a family-size French / English bilingual, Christian international school situated in Cologny in the Canton of Geneva in the southwest of Switzerland, approximately 5 km from Geneva City Centre. We welcome both French and English speaking students ages 4 to 15 years from all ethnic and religious backgrounds in a multi-cultural and supportive learning environment. We follow both the Swiss Plan d'Etudes Romand and the North American standards.
The mission of Léman International Academy is to inspire a passion for learning, encourage emotional and intellectual vitality, and empower students to grow with confidence and courage to contribute to the global community. Our approach is to facilitate learning in partnership with the student and his or her family. Our families love our values, our caring teachers and easily accessible location.
Our highly qualified staff guides their students in acquiring a framework of knowledge while encouraging them to develop their skills and self-confidence. Students will master grade-appropriate competencies while being nurtured in their natural curiosity to explore the world around them.
French / English bilingual programs for students ages 4-15 years:
- We use both the Swiss Plan d'Etudes Romand & the North American standards curriculum.
- In French (French, mathematics & at least 1 other) meet the objectives of the Swiss program.
- In English (English-language & at least 3 other subjects) are aligned with North American curriculum strands.
- Mathematics & natural sciences
- Human & social sciences, Biblical culture
- Visual & musical arts
- Sport & health
4. Bilingual International School of Zurich
Courses / Programs
Ideally located in the Sihlcity area in central Zurich, the Bilingual International School of Zurich is a Pre-K - 6th Grade co-educational school that teaches the International Primary Curriculum (IPC), an international curriculum providing a cross-curricular, thematic, rigorous teaching structure designed to engage children of all abilities in today’s world. Taught bilingually in English and High German, we also provide the UK National Curriculum and Swiss Curriculum to students from across Europe and all over the world.
The school has an excellent curriculum, is open during 47 weeks a year, and is a true all day school. For parents, we are excellent value for money as we are open for 10 weeks more than the Swiss school system and 13 weeks more than the English-only international school system. We are naturally bilingual, truly Swiss, and truly international at the same time.
Bilingual International School Program for Pre-K to 6th Grade Students
- English & German Language Programs
- International Primary Curriculum (IPC)
- UK National Curriculum
- Swiss Curriculum
- Innovative 21st century school
- Global classroom
- Blended learning
- Personal tutoring
- All-year school with an flexible holiday schedule
Extra curricular programs:
5. Zurich International School
Courses / Programs
Situated just south of Zurich in Wädenswil, northern Switzerland, Zurich International School is a leading, non-profit international day school based on American models offering a comprehensive education program taught in English for students aged 2 to 18 in the greater Zurich and Baden areas. Over 1,300 students from more than 45 countries attend one of the school’s five campuses. ZIS offers Advanced Placement courses (AP) and the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IB).
As an IB Organisation World School we are accredited by both the Council of International Schools and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges in the U.S. ZIS is also officially approved by the Departments of Education of the Cantons of Zurich and Aargau. A strong academic program, centered around the traditional core disciplines, prepares students for entrance into colleges, universities, or other institutions. In addition, the school provides courses and learning support services which address the needs of a student body diverse in educational background and ability. More than 90% of the graduating seniors enter universities and institutions of higher learning worldwide.
- Programs from pre-school to grade 12
- Curriculum follows Amercian College Preparatory Models with Advanced Placement Courses and English, history, foreign languages, mathematics, science, creative arts, and physical education
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IB)
- Primary Years Program
- Middle School Program
- Upper School Program
- English is the main language of instruction with German and French taught as second languages
- ESL (English as a Second Language) Program
6. International School of Schaffhausen (ISSH)
Courses / Programs
The International School of Schaffhausen offers high quality international education through English, starting from primary through to secondary level, from nursery (age 3) through to grade 10 (age 16). Located in Schaffhausen, 31 miles (51 km ) north of Zurich, our school is 3 km from the main railway station, and it is accessible by public transport (bus No 23), by road from Schaffhausen centre and from the motorway coming from Singen or Winterthur.
We are an authorized IB World School for the primary program and the middle years program, and have the candidate status for the diploma program. From August 2011, we plan to introduce grades 11 and 12. The IB program combines new approaches to learning and teaching with an international perspective on curriculum content. A personal approach, international standards, small classes with highly qualified staff and a modern infrastructure in an historic school building is what makes ISSH unique.
We were founded in 1999 with the vision to give young people more than a traditional education and to provide quality primary and secondary education to the international community in the Schaffhausen and Zurich North-East area.
- Early years program: For young learners ages 3-5 years.
- Primary years program: An international curriculum framework designed for children between the ages of 3 and 11 years.
- Middle years program: This is is designed for students aged 11-16 years.
- The IB Diploma program: (Grades 11 & 12). Leads to a world-wide recognized university entrance diploma, the International Baccalaureate.
* ISSH will offer the Diploma Program starting in August 2011.
Additionally: Extra curricular activities.
7. International School of Lausanne
Courses / Programs
The International School of Lausanne is an accredited, not-for-profit, open admissions English language-based school for day students of all nationalities, aged 3-18. Located near the beautiful Lac Leman in Le Mont-sur-Lausanne, which lies north of Lausanne in Canton of Waadt in western Switzerland, the International School of Lausanne has been providing an exceptional academic and extra-curricular programme for the local and international community since 1962. We are accredited by the Council of International Schools (CIS) and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
Our curriculum and educational strategies are drawn from best practices from around the world. In the Primary School the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme is in place and in Years 7 to 11 we have introduced the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme curriculum. Students in Years 12 and 13 (Grades 11 and 12) follow the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme. Students’ results in the IBDP range from very good to excellent. A Learning Support Programme, including English as an Additional Language classes, is also an important part of our curriculum.
- English language-based day school following International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme for boys and girls of all nationalites aged 3-18
- Early Childhood Centre
- Primary School
- Secondary School
- Primary Years Programme
- Middle Years Programme
- International Baccalaureate Diploma
- Learning Support Programme
- English as an Additional Language
- Core Subjects include English, French, German or Spanish, mathematics, science, arts, social studies and humanities
8. International School of Berne Study Abroad
Courses / Programs
The International School of Berne, Switzerland is an accredited international day-school that offers semester or year-long homestay study abroad programs for high school students ages 14 to 19 (Grades 8 - 12). Located just 3 miles east of the Swiss capital Berne, approximately 1 hour south-west of Zurich, the school provides an English-language education for children of over 40 nationalities. Our school year extends from August until June and we now offer a study abroad program incorporates the International Baccalaureate (IB), one of the premier college preparatory education programs in the world.
Our program is an exclusive, innovative and premier study abroad option in Switzerland. During your semester or year, you will become an extended member of your local host family. You can choose to live with an English speaking family, or do a French or German language homestay immersion.
Our dedication to excellence in international education has been part of the school drive to develop as an International Baccalaureate World School. The school's IB Diploma program was established in 1997 and we are one of only 130 IB schools worldwide authorised to offer all three IB programs.
Semester / Year-long Homestay Study Abroad Programs
- Grades 8 - 12 (ages 14 - 19)
- International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme (IB MYP)
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Program
- English, French or German speaking homestay (stay with a local Swiss family)
- Visa application assistance
Our academic program includes:
- Language and Literature: English, French and German
- Language B: English, French and German