Gastronomicom International Culinary Academy, France & Miami FL:
As a long-established school and market leader with a modern, unique campus, Gastronomicom International Culinary Academy provides quality culinary arts career training in France. Located in the historic town of Adge, next to Cap d'Agde, a popular seaside resort on the beautiful Mediterranean coast between Montpellier & Perpignan, we offer French Cooking and French Pastry hands-on classes taught in English at one star Michelin level, practical work experience placements (internships), and French language courses.
Our ultimate goal is that Gastronomicom students improve both their skills and knowledge of the food, beverage and gastronomy of the region and France, and the French language, but will also enjoy visiting Languedoc-Roussillon, with its historic cities, varying and beautiful landscapes, and the most productive wine region in the world.
• Gourmet Program - 1 Month
This program includes 30 hours of hands-on training per week - 15 hours of French Cooking and 15 hours of French Pastry. All the weekends are free giving you the chance to experience the local lifestyle and culture.
• Gastronomic Programs - 8 weeks or 12 weeks
We offer Gastronomic programs for 8 weeks or 12 weeks with 30 hours of lessons per week, including "hands-on" cookery classes or pastry classes. All the weekends are free and you have 1 week holidays to visit France in the middle of the 3 months.
- French cooking + Intensive French
- French pastry + Intensive French
• Full Programs:
The full program consists of a 3 month Gastronomic Program (Pastry or Cooking) + 4 months training course (internship) in a luxury Hotel restaurant in France.
• One-Year Diploma Programs:
Diploma in Gastronomic Pastry; Diploma in Gastronomic Cooking.
• Two-Year Diploma in Gastronomic Food and Beverage Management:
This program consists of a one year preparatory course similar to the normal one year program plus 3 months University Management Course, 3 months cooking or pastry or service or wines hands-on classes oriented to management and 6 months internship.
For the Management Diploma you have the choice between two options: a) Cooking & Pastry or b) Restaurant Management & Wines.
• You are between 18 and 60 years old
• You are very motivated by food and beverage and Gastronomy.
• European students don’t need any visa.
• For non-native speakers of English: Your level of English is minimum 600 points in TOEIC or 550 points in TOEFL.
Culinary Internships (Work experience placements)
For students holding a student visa (students from Europe do not require a visa), the school provides an internship in a luxury hotel/restaurant or restaurant in France.
We have excellent working relationships with leading international hotels and 4-Star establishments with gourmet restaurants.
Interns receive a Diploma upon full completion of the study program and a Certificate of Internship indicating the name of the hotel / restaurant and the dates of training.
Gastronomicom students receive a stipend of 524 Euro per month (fixed regular sum paid) once the internship period of the training begins.
Our Teachers are industry experts with considerable experience in the hospitality / culinary arts fields. They include:
• Graduate in Pâtisserie, Viennoiserie, Boulangerie, Chocolaterie, Glaces et sorbets, Confiserie.
• Pastry Chef in Relais-Chateaux, Le Vieux Castillon, 1* Michelin
• Pastry Chef in Noga- Hilton Geneva ,Switzerland 4*Luxe, 1* Michelin
• Pastry Chef in Four seasons George V , 3* Michelin - Paris
• Graduate from Lausanne School (Switzerland)
• Manager Food & Beverage Manager Hotel Beau Rivage 5*
• Geneva (Switzerland), Leading Hotel of the world.
• Hotel Manager “Maison Morizet” 4*München (Germany)
• Hotel Manager “Hotel Guy louis Duboucheron” 4* luxe, Paris
• General Manager Hotel Da Lapa 5* luxe Lisbon (Portugal)
• Hotel Manager Hotel d’Europe 4* Avignon (France)
• Hotel Manager Hotel Vatel 4* , training Hotel for Vatel Institute,
• Teacher of Food & Beverage and Training Co-ordinator in Vatel Institute, Nimes (France)
Gastronomicom students come from many different backgrounds and regions. You may perhaps be:
• a Hospitality or Gastronomy Professional or Chef who wants to improve your knowledge of modern French cooking, pastry or wines.
• a Head Waiter or Maitre "D" who wants to also become a sommelier and or train for a specific job.
• a student in Hospitality Management who wants to improve your knowledge of French cooking, fine dining, pastry or wine, and also learn French.
• an individual who wants to discover French cooking, fine dining, pastry or wine, learn French, and at the same time enjoy your visit to the beautiful south of France.
• a quality culinary vacation enthusiast, seeking an unforgettable educational experience.
Our students in the past have come from the USA, Canada, UK, France, Spain, Holland, Germany, Belgium, Norway, Venezuela, Nepal, Mexico, South Africa, Kenya, Mauritius, Hong Kong, Kyrgyzstan, Tunisia and many other countries worldwide.
"I am back in Toronto and got my First Chef de Cuisine job in a new restaurant opening in April. Chefs here respect my time spent in France and it helped me a lot in my career. Thank you to you and to the rest of team I truly appreciate everything you have done for me."
"I work full-time in a 2 star Michelin restaurant...we are hoping to win our third star in March. I am very grateful and thankful to Gastronomicom for this amazing opportunity. Martine, you manage a very excellent school. Thank you for all your hard work. Thank you for taking such good care of me in Cap D'Agde. You really helped me a lot, and I appreciate it."
"At Gastronomicom, I learned an incredible amount about pastry cooking and improved my level of French, and it is my goal to wrap up that training with one more final month of classes there and an internship working in a pastry kitchen afterwards. I am so looking forward to returning, and am determined to make this new Gastronomicom experience even better than the first."
Located close to Montpellier, well-known for its various Universities, Gastronomicom's state-of-the-art campus is situated in Adge, 5km from the famous seaside resort of Cap D’Agde on the Mediterranean coast (between Montpellier & Perpignan).
Agde is also located close to Beziers Airport, approximately 120 km from the Spanish border. It is set in a wonderful landscape with beautiful beaches nearby, palm-trees, excellent Mediterranean food, and the most important vineyard in Europe. The climate is extremely pleasant and very sunny year round.
Students are accommodated in apartments for 4 persons, with 2 bedrooms, living-room, kitchen, bathroom, separate toilet, and a terrace to sit or eat outside. The center of Cap d'Agde, the shops and the beach are about 6 minutes by foot from the resort.
A bus line (bus stop in front of the entrance of the resort) brings you every day to Agde Railway station when you want to visit neighbouring towns and cities.
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 8 rue des Moulins à huile, 34300, Agde, France|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2016 Learn4Good Ltd : Author of websites listing Schools, Careers, Jobs & Travel Booking Engines