EduKick Manchester – Football & Education Courses:
EduKick Manchester – Football & Education Courses offers academic year-long, half-academic year soccer boarding programs and monthly soccer camps in Manchester, North West England. Our programs combine football studies with an English language immersion program or BTEC Sports Studies classes. Soccer coaching is provided by the Manchester City Platt Lane Football Development Team. Manchester City FC is a top English Premiership football club and training takes place at “Platt Lane” - the home of Manchester City FC Youth Academy. We welcome English and non-English speaking soccer players from around the world. The confidence and knowledge our students acquire through our international soccer schools will last a lifetime.
EduKick Manchester – Football & Education Courses:
Academic Year-long Football Studies Program:
The EduKick Manchester Year-long Football Studies program is 35 weeks of accommodation, football training and academic study consisting of three academic terms with two vacation breaks.
Short-term Soccer Boarding Programs:
* 1/2 Academic Year Football Program
* Monthly Football Camp
* English as a Second Language (ESL) included in all programs
Professional Soccer Training:
Each afternoon, soccer training sessions are held at to Platt Lane under the guidance of Manchester City Platt Lane Football Development Team. Friendly and competitive matches will take place at Platt Lane and the EduKick Manchester squad will also be managed and coached during games by the Manchester City Platt Lane Football Development Team. In addition to daily football coaching, participants will also have full access to the fitness gym centre onsite where they will have fitness sessions during the weekly timetable as well as the ability to stay and workout in their own time.
On weekends, EduKick Manchester participants will have the opportunity to see Barclays Premier League matches, including selected Manchester City FC home matches at the famous Etihad Stadium.
Features of the EduKick Manchester Year-Long Course include:
- Personal Fitness Programme: Each student, after initial assessment in week one, will be set a Personal Fitness Programme to develop their aerobic fitness and stamina along with strength and endurance. Each week, students will receive a personal fitness tutorial, individually shaped to fit personal needs, setting weekly and monthly targets to develop the players’ fitness. These sessions will be conducted with the course leader. Throughout the week students will have several opportunities to work on their personal fitness plan.
- English Football/Culture seminars: Throughout the programme, all EduKick Students will take part in weekly seminars relating to English football, international football and English culture. These sessions give the students an understanding of the game from various angles, not just as a player, but spectator, manager, coach, referee and club owner.
- Fitness Training / Speed, Agility, Quickness: Sessions will include footwork and developing quick feet without the ball, co-ordination and awareness, anaerobic speed burst movements of the game and general aerobic fitness. During these sessions students will be taught the safe practices of training to assist in injury prevention.
- Football Coaching (Technical): Each week, the students will be coached not only in the complexities of the game but also the simple elements of the game to ensure individual improvement and performance. Practice makes perfect with every individual player.
- Football Coaching (Tactical): Each week, participants will work on the tactical side of their game together, looking at set plays, shape, movement, defending and attacking as a team and phase of play, using examples from games they have been involved in and the professional game in England.
- Stamina & Endurance Coaching: During these sessions and linking to the personal training plan, the students should develop fitness and strength to allow them to compete and increase their physical presence of the field.
- Individual Tutorials: Each student will meet with a senior EduKick staff member a minimum of twice per term. This procedure will ensure a happy stay and continued improvement in all aspects of the course and provides the perfect opportunity to obtain the specific and individual feedback necessary to ensure the welfare, safety and satisfaction off all EduKick students.
Sport/Football-Specific Add-on Qualifications:
Throughout the duration of the course, the students will have the opportunity to gain extra qualifications in sport and football. These qualifications will include: FA Refereeing; FA Level 1 Football Coaching; First Aid; Child Protection Certificate. Each student will be supported through these qualifications and guided as to the relevant level of qualification correct for them.
Academic Element of the Programs:
There are options for English speaking students and for students whose first language is not English. Each day, students will attend a mixture of the BTEC First Diploma in "Sport Studies" and Football specific seminars or English language study classes. The BTEC First Diploma in Sport Studies course is attended by native English speakers and is conducted entirely in English.
- English as a Second Language Program:
This course is suitable for all levels except beginners. Balanced lessons will be prepared for students, so they can take on one of the following examinations, dependent on level and personal objectives. The personal course objectives of each student will be carefully defined on arrival and will be dependent on their initial level of English in all four language skills; speaking, listening, reading & writing.
- English Language Exams include:
- Cambridge First Certificate in English (FCE)
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE)
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE)
- Cambridge Preliminary English Test (PET)
- Cambridge Key English Test (KET)
- IELTS, an internationally-recognized system for testing English language skills in listening, reading, writing and speaking.