Caterham School, Surrey:
Caterham School is a HMC co-educational day and boarding school for pupils aged 11 - 18 years located in Surrey, near the Greater London Area in South-East England. Our senior school offers GCSE and A-level programmes. We seek to be one of the country’s finest co-educational schools, providing an education for life in a caring environment based upon Christian values.
- Caterham School has around 165 boarders aged 11-18 out of a total school population of 825. Beech Hanger House has 65 girls whilst Townsend House has 38 junior boys and Viney House has 62 senior boys.
- Boarding at Caterham is very popular for very good reasons. We provide a safe and comfortable family environment with a balance of great fun, support, and a solid structure for purposeful work. Friendships formed here often last a lifetime. Our day pupils benefit from the wide range of activities of a boarding school, whilst our boarders benefit from daily contact with the local community.
- In June 2009 we had a Boarding inspection by the Office for Standards in Education, Children's Services and Skills (Ofsted). Their report states that ‘’the school offers an outstanding level of care to the boarders and that the overall quality rating is outstanding’’.
- Senior school for boys and girls aged 11-18
- Boarding school programme
- GCSE courses
- A-level courses
- Sixth Form
- English as an Additional Language (EAL lessons for all students from overseas)
GCSE subjects include:
English Language, English Literature, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Latin, Greek, French, German, Spanish, Italian, PE, Art, 3D Design, Music, Drama, Economics / Business Studies, IT, History, Geography and Religious Studies.
A-Level subjects include:
Further Mathematics, Psychology, Politics, Philospohy & Ethics, and Textiles.
We are ranked as one of the top independent co-educational day and boarding schools. All pupils progress to university and excellent A-level results enable 83% to go to one in the UK’s top tier.
- Academic standards are high and entry is selective. UK pupils normally join the school at aged 11+ years, 13+ years and for the Sixth Form. All UK applicants are interviewed. At 11+ and 13+, they take our entrance exams in English, Maths and Verbal Reasoning. For Sixth Form entry by UK pupils, we require at least six GCSE passes at grade A and they must achieve high GCSE grades for their chosen A Level subjects.
- International candidates join at varying entry points – First Year, Second Year, Third Year, Fourth Year and Lower Sixth. All international candidates take our entrance exams. We require a good standard of English. They must also be able to write complete answers. We provide good EAL support.
We seek to be one of the country’s finest co-educational schools, providing an education for life in a caring environment based upon Christian values.
We strive to develop the whole person by:
- Fostering an environment in which all pupils are happy, secure, confident and valued.
- Stimulating all pupils to achieve their academic potential.
- Encouraging the development in each pupil of spiritual and moral values, self-discipline, responsibility, and respect for others and the environment.
- Offering a wide range of enriching co-curricular activities.
- Promoting independent thinking and lifelong learning through innovative educational practice.
- Nurturing a positive relationship with parents, Old Caterhamians, and the wider community.
- Supporting and developing enthusiastic, dedicated staff who feel committed to the School.
We have a strong system of Pastoral Care. Our aims are:
- To enable each pupil to fulfil their own potential both academically and socially.
- To ensure that each pupil has access to personal, vocational and academic guidance and support where necessary.
- To provide opportunities for and encourage pupils to exercise individual and social responsibility.
- To promote in pupils the self-awareness and self-confidence that they need to face the challenges, both academic and personal, that are placed on them.
- To establish and maintain an appropriate relationship with every parent, so that together we can help to prepare the pupils for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life.
- To create a caring environment where pupils are valued for who they are, not just for what they can do.
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: Harestone Valley Road, Surrey, Caterham, England , UK & England|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2015 Learn4Good Ltd : Author of websites listing Schools, Careers, Jobs & Travel Booking Engines