Sprott Shaw College, Vancouver:
With two accredited campuses in Vancouver (in the Downtown area and East Vancouver), our Sprott Shaw College is the ideal place to re-train for a new career or to enhance your current skills! We offer exceptional certificate and diploma courses in the fields of Business,Tourism & Hospitality, Health & Social Care, and Trades & Technology, including our Legal Secretary certification program.Email: Contact us belowNote:
Sprott Shaw College only accepts inquiries here from persons living in British Columbia and Alberta at present.
Legal Secretary Program (33 weeks):
As well as carrying out routine office procedures, Legal secretaries are required to have understanding of the vocabulary and processes of law. They handle and format legal correspondence such as deeds, wills, affidavits and briefs. They also review and proofread outgoing documents and correspondence to make sure that the documents agree with legal procedures and grammatical usage. In some cases they attend court or meetings to take notes or minutes. The most employable and promotable legal secretaries have specific training and experience in litigation and conveyancing procedures.
- Computerized Accounting Principles (40 hours)
- Small Business Reporting (40 hours)
- Foundations of Technologies (10 hours)
- Word Processing Applications (40 hours)
- Foundations for Success (10 hours)
- Critical Skills in Communication (40 hours)
- College Writing (40 hours)
- Career Planning and Management (40 hours)
- Dynamics of Customer Service (40 hours)
- Powerful Presentations (40 hours)
- Legal Office Procedures/Criminal/Commercial (40 hours)
- Civil Litigation (80 hours)
- Wills and Estates (40 hours)
- Corporate Law (40 hours)
- Conveyancing (80 hours)
- Family Law (40 hours)
- Practicum options may be available
Grade 12/GED or mature student status. Applicants must successfully complete the admissions interview and entrance assessments.
Legal Administrative Assistant; Litigation Secretary; Real Estate Secretary; Conveyance Clerk
Alternative Study Option:
- Administrative Assistant & Legal Secretary Accelerated
Please ensure that you enter a valid email address, telephone number and address.
* marked fields are required