HECTOR School of Engineering and Management, Karlsruhe:
Welcome to the HECTOR School of Engineering and Management. The School named after Dr. h.c. Hans-Werner HECTOR, the co-founder of the software company SAP – is run in cooperation with four University Departments and the International Department of the Universität Karlsruhe (TH). We are located at the Universität Karlsruhe (TH) in Karlsruhe, Southwest Germany. Five different Executive Master Programs in Engineering and Business Administration/Finance are offered at the HECTOR School of Engineering and Management. Founded in September 2004 the HECTOR School can be best described as innovative preparatory training for young professionals to assume extended responsibilities in general management. The program combines a solid base in business administration and management with specialized and cutting-edge methodology in engineering in the context of mechanical engineering, product development, operations, financial engineering, information engineering and electrical engineering technology.
Reasons why to choose us:
• Business leadership: Need for advanced know-how in management
as well as engineering disciplines
• Constant emerge of late-breaking engineering developments:
Need for update and uncover methodological and technical
• Innovation: Need to incorporate technological research advancement
into products & processes
• Global business processes: Need to open minded, holistically
• Face Competition: Need for employees to develop transferable
skills from the information level to their applications
• 10 x 2-week long modules split up over the duration of 18 months (incl. Master Thesis), when students are required to
be present at the HECTOR School
• Each program consists of 5 Management Modules and 5 Modules in the Engineering subject
• Master Thesis as a project work in the participant´s company
• Total program duration: 1 1/2 years
• Course Language: English
Mission and Philosophy:
The HECTOR School of Engineering & Management is committed to excellence in technology management.
This distinct philosophy is promoted through a methodological approach to engineering and management issues and provides practical solutions and transferable methods of innovation management throughout all our programs.
Our educational aim is to provide a range of unique and outstanding Executive Programs to working professionals, who seek for refreshment of their hidden knowledge, broaden their technical know-how by economical thinking and to get an actual state of the art in their engineering domain. The innovative interdisciplinary concept gives potential candidates the opportunity to improve their emotional intelligence with regard to other cultures and therefore the ability to work even more efficient in multicultural teams.
The Universität Karlsruhe (TH) as a renowned partner for excellence in innovative technology has a long term tradition in working closely together with leading global companies. Whether you join as an industrial partner or as a HECTOR School participant, you will benefit from a one-of-a kind program addressing strategic, technological and business issues.
Our vision to increase efficiency of our global partners in their qualification programs and give them a chance to widen the professional career paths of their high potential employees and therefore encourage individual personal development, is one of our strongest goals.
You would like to become a HECTOR student and would like to know, how the target group looks like? Here are some criteria:
* YOU are a young professional identified as high potential in the company
* YOUR age: 27 - 40
For the M.Sc. Programs Production & Operations Management, Management of Product Development or Embedded Systems Engineering:
* YOU are a future engineering executive in production, product development, logistics or product management
* YOU await a foreseen career path as an engineering specialist with growing responsibilties as a "generalist" in the fields of development, production, services, product management, logistics and related fields
For the M.Sc. Programs Financial Engineering and Information Engineering:
* YOU have achieved an academic degree and are actually working in the field of Information Technologies, Software Engineering or IT Management
* OR YOU are a young professional identified as high potential in companies like rating agencies, investment or commercial banks
* OR YOU are a young professional working in corporate finance departments of consolidated companies
Executive Master Programs in
• Production and Operations Management (POM)
• Management of Product Development (MPD)
• Embedded Systems Engineering (ESE)
• Information Engineering (IE)
• Financial Engineering (FE)
Final Degree: M.Sc. Universität Karlsruhe (TH).
The structure of all 5 programs is similar. 10 modules are divided into 5 engineering and 5 management modules. Programs are taught in English. International students are welcome.
All participants on the Executive MSc program will be entitled to special accommodation rates in one of the International Department's campus dormitories. In addition to this all of the facilities at the International Department will be at their disposal. Our intention is to provide a working atmosphere for all of our participants.
Karlsruhe- Natural Beauty and high technology:
Today 270 000 people live in Karlsruhe the centre of the renowned “Technologieregion”, comprising one of the most dynamic high-tech areas in Europe. The local economy is based on a well-developed structure of mid-sized businesses, particularly in forward-reaching technologies like computer science, multimedia, control systems, energy technology and environmental science as well as nanotechnology.
Several major companies such as Bosch, Siemens, Daimler and Michelin have production facilities in the region. Major research and development institutions such the Karlsruhe Research Center for Technology and the Environment are part of the reason why the innovative potential of this city and region are well known world wide. A critical cornerstone is formed by the University and six other Karlsruhe institutions of higher education.