StudyCELTA offers the internationally-recognised CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) course in Adelaide, Australia through our partner school, The Adelaide Teacher Training Center. The Centre is an approved University of Cambridge Teacher Training Centre offering teacher training programmes leading to the University of Cambridge qualification in teaching English, i.e. CELTA Certificate. Adelaide is the capital of the state of South Australia. It is 1 hour from Melbourne and 1.5 hours from Sydney by air.
Cambridge University ESOL CELTA Certificate Courses (4 weeks):
The Cambridge CELTA (Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) is an international TEFL / TESL / TEFOL / TESOL / ELT training certificate course.
Over 9,000 people a year participate in CELTA courses in approved centres in countries all over the world. All the successful participants receive a Certificate for Teaching English from Cambridge University.
The prestigious Cambridge ESOL CELTA Certificate is run in Adelaide as four-week intensive full time courses that are available throughout the year. The CELTA Certificate is administered through the University of Cambridge Local Examination Syndicate and is moderated by assessors inducted by Cambridge University ensuring high standards worldwide.
CELTA Course - Main Features:
- Every centre must undergo an annual inspection to be registered to run courses. An outside assessor inducted and approved by Cambridge assesses every course run by a centre.
- Courses provide expert instruction in methodology and language analysis by Cambridge approved trainers.
- A minimum of 120 contact hours and an additional 80 hours for home study.
- A minimum of 2 trainers per course and a maximum of 1 trainer per 6 candidates.
- Candidates are involved in sixty hours of practice teaching which includes planning, implementation, observation of peers and experienced teachers, reflection on their teaching practice and feedback from trainers.
- Six hours of individual observed and assessed practice teaching, conducted in classes with non-native speaking students, is included in every course.
- A minimum of 6 hours observing experienced classroom teachers.
- Training is provided based on the best of current teaching practice and constantly updated. The approach can be adapted to cater to the needs of students in a variety of contexts and can also be adapted for children and teenagers.
- Only people who meet the performance criteria are issued a certificate.
Recognition & Regard:
Due to the rigorous annual approval process and constant moderation of courses the CELTA is highly regarded worldwide; Cambridge University being well known throughout the world is often requested by employers nationally and internationally.
The CELTA is recognised by:
- TEFL / TESL / TEFOL / TESOL / ELT (English language teaching) employers around the world
- English Language Colleges in Australia ,
- many ministries of education
- government bodies such as the British Council
- TESOL, IATEFL, EA and other major professional organisations.
- It is also well regarded by organisations such as JET, and Volunteers Abroad.
Email: Contact Us
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2015 Learn4Good Ltd : Author of websites listing Schools, Careers, Jobs & Travel Booking Engines