Learn4good provides general information on study, travel, work visa and business visa requirements and the addresses of embassies worldwide. You should contact your local embassy or consulate for the most up-to-date information or visa forms.
For Hotels, Hostels, Car Hire, Jobs and Schools in this country, see the menu options above. See our Travel Forum to create a travel topic and ask questions to fellow travelers.
- a student visa may be required for stays of over 6 months (up to one-year)
- a tourist visa may be required for stays of less than 6 months
Citizens of the following countries may be exempted from tourist visa requirements:
(a) Nationals of Australia, Britain, Canada, Japan, United States, and the EU for a stay of up to 90 days (except nationals of Greece, who can stay up to 60 days)
(b) Nationals of Andorra, Antigua & Barbuda, Argentina, Bahamas, Barbados, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Fiji, Gibraltar, Grenada, Guatemala, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Israel, Jamaica, Liechtenstein, Macau, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, Morocco, Netherlands Antilles, New Zealand, Nicaragua, North Korea, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Poland, St Kitts & Nevis, St Lucia, San Marino, Slovenia, South Africa, Surinam, Switzerland, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Uruguay, Vatican City, Venezuela and Serbia & Montenegro for a stay of up to 90 days
(c) Nationals of Peru for a stay of up to 60 days
(d) Nationals of Belize, Costa Rica, Honduras, Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore for a stay of up to 30 days
Evidence of sufficient funds to cover stay
Return or onward ticket
In addition, student visa applications will require:
– a letter of acceptance from the institute you’ll be studying at
– a letter of confirmation that the school and courses are government approved
– a letter of police clearance (e.g. Canadian Police Certificate for Visa Requirements, available from the RCMP)
– a doctor’s health certificate
– 4 color passport-sized photos
What is the cost of a visa?
Varies, according to nationality. Please contact your nearest Chilean embassy.
Extending your stay for University study:
– you’ll have to apply to have your visa extended after you enter Chile (but before the first visa expires, that’s important). Apply at the Immigration Office.
- It is illegal to work in Chile under either a tourist or a student visa.
Embassy contact information:
Please contact the nearest Chilean embassy for information on what documentation you may require to enter Chile.
Embassies of Chile
Disclaimer: The contents of these pages are provided as an information guide only, in good faith. The use of this website is at the viewer/user’s sole risk. While every effort is made in presenting up-to-date and accurate information, no responsibility or liability is accepted by the owners to this website for any errors, omissions, outdated or misleading information on these pages or any site to which these pages connect or are linked.
Source & Copyright: The source of the above visa and immigration information and copyright owner/s is the:
– Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Government of Chile – URL: www.chileabroad.gov.cl
– Embassy of Chile in Washington – URL: www.chile-usa.org
The viewer/user of this web page should use the above information as a guideline only, and should always contact the above sources or the user’s own government representatives for the most up-to-date information at that moment in time, before making a final decision to travel to that country or destination.