Learn4good provides general information on study, travel, work visa and business visa requirements and the addresses of embassies worldwide. You should contact your local embassy or consulate for the most up-to-date information or visa forms.
For Hotels, Hostels, Car Hire, Jobs and Schools in this country, see the menu options above. See our Travel Forum to create a travel topic and ask questions to fellow travelers.
Who requires a visa?
1. All foreigners entering Ghana, unless covered by para 3(1) require Entry Visas. Entry Visas must be obtained prior to arrival in Ghana and may be obtained from a Ghana Embassy, High Commission or Consulate abroad. Where Ghana has no Consular or Diplomatic representation, an application for Entry Visa may be made to the nearest Diplomatic Mission or Consulate authorised by the Government of Ghana to act on its behalf.
2. Ghana Entry Visa may be issued on arrival if the Director of Immigration has prior notification from travelers or their sponsors.
3. The following categories are exempted from obtaining entry visas to Ghana:
a. Citizens Of Ecowas Countries:
Nigeria, Benin, Mauritania, Niger, Gambia, Senegal, Guinea, Sierra Leone, Guinea Bissau, Togo, Cote D’ivoire, Burkina Faso, Liberia, Cape Verde, Mali.
b. Nationals of Kenya, Malaysia And Singapore.
c. Holders Of German And Cuban Diplomatic/Service Passports.
d. Persons in direct airside transit.
4. Visa to the following category of persons should generally be refused:
a. Prohibited Immigrants
b. A person without visible means of support
c. An undesirable person
d. And mentally handicapped person
e. On the advice of the health authorities
What documents will be required?
1. Passport valid for 6 months beyond stay, with at least one blank visa page available for visa stamp(s).
2. Ghana Visa Application Form. Four visa application forms per applicant properly completed and signed.
3. Photo Requirements: Four recent 2 x 2 passport type photograph(s), in color, front view and with a plain/light background.
4. Letter Of Invitation from Ghana including full residential address and telephone number if staying with a friend or relative OR Attestation from Hotel duly signed by an accredited staff member, confirming the reservation.
5. Proof Of Departure. Computer generated flight itinerary from the airline or a travel agency or copy of airline tickets.
6. Medical Requirements. An international certificate of vaccination against Yellow Fever is required.
How long is the Visa valid for?
Valid for entry of three months from the date of issue. However, the length of stay is at the discretion of airport officials and only one month is guaranteed. Visas may be extended when in Ghana. Visas for one year may be granted for specific purposes.
Embassy contact information:
Please contact the nearest Ghana embassy for information on what documentation you may require to enter Ghana. Ghanaian Embassies Worldwide.
Disclaimer: The contents of these pages are provided as an information guide only, in good faith. The use of this website is at the viewer/user’s sole risk. While every effort is made in presenting up-to-date and accurate information, no responsibility or liability is accepted by the owners to this website for any errors, omissions, outdated or misleading information on these pages or any site to which these pages connect or are linked.
Source & Copyright: The source of the above visa and immigration information and copyright owner/s is the:
– Ghana Government Official Portal – URL: http://www.ghana.gov.gh/
The viewer/user of this web page should use the above information as a guideline only, and should always contact the above sources or the user’s own government representatives for the most up-to-date information at that moment in time, before making a final decision to travel to that country or destination.