Indian High Commission for Australia – Address / Phone Number
High Commission of the Republic of India in the Commonwealth of Australia
Address: 3-5 Moonah Place, Yarralumla ACT 2600
City: Canberra (Standard time zone: UTC/GMT +10 hours)
Tel.: (02) 6273 3999
Fax: (02) 6273 1308
Passport enquires: +61-2-62254920
Visa enquiries: +61-2-62254920
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 9.00 – 13.00, 14.00 – 17:30
Submission/Lodging of applications for Attestations and Miscellaneous services: Monday to Friday 9.30 – 12.30.
Collection of Documents (On the date Indicated) Attestations and Miscellaneous services: Monday to Friday, 15.00 – 17.00.
Phone enquiries related to Passport/OCI/Visa: Monday to Friday, 15.00 – 17.00.
- ATC, Queensland – 0432 585 493
- New South Wales and South Australia – 0420277261
- Victoria and Tasmania – 0430 020 828
- Western Australia & Northern Territory – 0412 185 517
- Brisbane – 0422 309 952*
* The contact numbers given below are meant to be called only in case of real emergency when an applicant needs to travel urgently in connection with death or serious sickness of a family member in India. The person making the request for an emergency service should first send a brief SMS outlining the emergency situation he/she is in and the service required. The person would be contacted shortly thereafter by the emergency officer to address the issue.
There are six Indian Passport & Visa Services Centre offices in Australia located at Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. All applicants for Passport, Visa, PCC, IDLV and OCI services are requested to approach IP&VSC office in their area. However, the High Commission in Canberra and the General Consulate in Sydney, Melbourne & Perth will continue to provide miscellaneous consular services and emergency visa services in extreme compassionate cases.
Office jurisdiction for services:
- Applicants from Australian Capital Territory and Queensland need to apply at the High Commission of India, Canberra.
- Applicants from N.S.W and South Australia need to apply at the Consulate General of India, Sydney.
- Applicants from Victoria and Tasmania need to apply at the Consulate General of India, Melbourne.
- Applicants from Western Australia and Northern Territory need to apply at the Consulate General of India, Perth.
Available Consular Services:
- Emergency Certificate
- Issue of Birth Certificate
- Renunciation of Indian Citizenship and Surrender of Indian Passports
- Attestation of Documents
- Transfer of valid Visas
- Issue of Death Certificate
- Issue of Marriage Certificate
- Affidavit by a parent when applying for a child’s Passport in India
- Registration of Birth
- Life Certificate, Papers pertaining to Pensions
- Certification required for transport of mortal remains/ashes to India
- Endorsement of new passport details on PIO card, etc.
Consulate General of India in Sydney, Australia
Address: Level 3, 109 Pitt Street Sydney, NSW 2000
City: Sydney (Standard time zone: UTC/GMT +10 hours)
Tel.: +61-2- 9223 9500
Fax: +61-2- 9223 9246
Consular Section Fax: +61-2- 9221 0533
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 9.00 – 17.00
Consulate General of India in Melbourne, Australia
Address: 344, St. Kilda Road, Melbourne, VIC 3000
P.O. Box No: 33247 Domain LPO VIC 3004
City: Melbourne (Standard time zone: UTC/GMT +10 hours)
Tel.: +61-3- 96827836
Fax: +61-3- 96968251
Working hours: 9.00 – 17.30
Consular hours: 9.30 – 12.30
The High Commission is closed on the following public holidays:
- January 26 – Republic Day
- March 11 – Canberra Day
- March/April – Good Friday
- March/April – East Monday
- April 25 – Anzac Day
- May 25 Budha Purnima
- June 10 – Queen’s birthday
- August 15 – Independence Day
- August 28 – Janamashtami
- October 2 – Mahatma Gandhi’s Birthday
- October 16 – Id-ul-Zuha (Bakrid)
- November 3 – Diwali (Deepavali)
- November 14 – Muharram
- November 17 – Guru Nanak’s Birthday
- December 25 – Christmas Day
- December 26 – Boxing Day
This map displays where the Indian Embassy / Consulate is located in Australia, Canberra.
If this location is no longer correct, please submit the exact new address information via our Contact page. If the map does not load for you, try opening this page on another web browser.