Learn4good provides general information on study, travel, work visa and business visa requirements and the addresses of embassies worldwide. You should contact your local embassy or consulate for the most up-to-date information or visa forms.
For Hotels, Hostels, Car Hire, Jobs and Schools in this country, see the menu options above. See our Travel Forum to create a travel topic and ask questions to fellow travelers.
Who requires a visa?
Nationals of the countries listed below are exempted from visa requirements for travel to Uganda. They do, however, need to have a current passport issued by their respective countries.
Members of COMESA:
Angola, Burundi, Comoros, Eritrea, Kenya, Malawi Mauritius, Madagascar, Rwanda, Seychelles, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Others exempted are:
Antigua & Barbuda, The Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Fiji, Gambia, Grenada, Jamaica, Lesotho, Malta, Sierra Leone, Singapore Solomon Islands St Vincent & the Grenadines, Tonga, Vanuatu, Italy (Only diplomatic passport holders) and Cyprus.
What documents will be required?
To obtain a Uganda Government VISA the following are required:
1. One dully filled Visa Application Form “J”.
2. A passport issued by your government valid for at least six months. Your passport must also be valid past the date of your expected departure from Uganda. (Passport must be signed.)
3. One completed Uganda visa application form.
4. Two passport-size photo taken within the past six months.
5. International Certificate of Vaccination for Yellow Fever.
6. Letter from applicant’s company if travelling for business (on company letterhead and signed by someone other than the applicant).
How do I apply?
You should apply for your visa in person at the relevant Ugandan Missions/Embassies abroad and also Ugandan visas are issued at the entry and exit points of Uganda like Entebbe airport, Busia border, Malaba border etc.
What is the cost of a visa?
US$ 50 for single entry
US$ 100 for multiple entries
Visa fees must be paid by money order payable to UGANDA EMBASSY, on submission of visa application. Personal Checks are not accepted. Visa fee is non-refundable.
Embassy contact information:
Please contact the nearest Uganda embassy for information on what documentation you may require to enter Uganda. Ugandan Embassies Worldwide.
Disclaimer: The contents of these pages are provided as an information guide only, in good faith. The use of this website is at the viewer/user’s sole risk. While every effort is made in presenting up-to-date and accurate information, no responsibility or liability is accepted by the owners to this website for any errors, omissions, outdated or misleading information on these pages or any site to which these pages connect or are linked.
Source & Copyright: The source of the above visa and immigration information and copyright owner/s is the:
– Ministry of Foreign Affairs the Republic of Uganda – URL: www.mofa.go.ug
– Embassy of the Republic of Uganda in Washington, DC – URL: www.ugandaembassy.com
The viewer/user of this web page should use the above information as a guideline only, and should always contact the above sources or the user’s own government representatives for the most up-to-date information at that moment in time, before making a final decision to travel to that country or destination.