ENTRY NOT COMPLETE:
Online PG Diploma in Engineering Management to students in Saudi Arabia, the UAE and worldwide. This UK-certified postgraduate qualification is suitable for both early-career and experienced engineering professionals. The 12-week course is designed to improve your job prospects by equipping you with effective Engineering Management knowledge which is essential to leading construction and production companies, preparing you to become a future industry leader.Email: Contact us belowAccreditation:
The Postgraduate Diploma in Engineering Management is certified by ABP (Association of Business Practitioners), which is a not-for-profit professional awarding body from the UK.
Online PG Diploma in Engineering Management - 12 weeks:
Suitable for engineering professionals of all levels, the core management curriculum of this course covers a variety of technical aspects, providing a tech-savvy alternative capsule of a management degree.
Taught online using our state-of-the-art, live, interactive virtual platform, it can be an excellent top-up qualification for Production Engineers, Project Managers, Factory Managers and Supervisors, as well as Engineering and Management Students.
- Introduction to engineering management
- Understanding the organizational structure and various functions in delivering engineering functions
- Influence of leadership on innovation and managing & retaining a diverse workforce
- Porter's strategic management model
- Formulating corporate level, business-level and functional-level strategies
- Strategic thinking & decision-making
- Strategy implementation and control
- Major marketing problems faced by the engineering industry, with an emphasis on sound approaches to addressing these problems
- Procurement (optimal procurement policies, supplier selection)
- Manufacturing (plant location, capacity planning, product line selection, production scheduling)
- Distribution (warehouse location, customer allocation, demand forecasting, inventory management)
- Logistics (selection of logistics mode, selection of ports, direct delivery, vehicle scheduling, etc.)
- Global Decisions (planning under uncertainty, product and process selection, integrated scheduling, real-time monitoring and control)
- Concepts of total quality management (TQM), philosophies and strategies
- How to manage quality with statistical tools
- Understand Statistical Process Control and related techniques, interpret control-charts and recognize their importance in TQM