Marbella Design Academy:
Study fashion design at one of Spain's leading international design schools! Founded in 1995, Marbella Design Academy provides a 3-year validated programme in Fashion Design & Manufacture, which is taught in English to students from around the world.Email: Contact us below
On completion, you will be awarded a BA degree from the University of Bedfordshire, UK, that is state-recognised in the UK. Our academy is located in Monda, only 15km from the jet-set town of Marbella, on the Costa del Sol in the South of Spain. It is state-recognized by the Ministry of Education in Spain. Special needs students (individuals with a physical disability) are also very welcome to apply.
Graduates can continue to study for a Masters Degree with an additional 10 months of study at the University of Bedfordshire. Alternatively, you can apply to another university of your choice.
3-Year Fashion Design & Manufacture Course - Earn a BA Degree:
After graduation from Marbella Design Academy, students are awarded a BA (Hons) degree by the University of Bedfordshire, UK (state-recognised in the UK).
If you feel passionate about expressing art via the clothes you wear, and want to help shape the trends of the future, our fashion design diploma is perfect for you!
Graduates of this course are well-prepared to enter the fashion industry. They have a solid understanding of the theories that guide the profession.
In addition, they have the hands-on, practical skills required for all steps of project development from design to sale, including technology, production, management and marketing.
Our graduates have an employment rate close to 100% upon graduation.
This programme is ideal for those who are passionate about fashion, and expressing art through the clothes we wear. You will learn how to combine design and marketing, in preparation for a bright and rewarding future.
Our expert tutors place great value on ensuring that our students know every aspect of the career and the industry. Marketing and business management are very important too, and you will become highly skilled in these disciplines as well.
As well as creating your own collections, you will be taught how to start up and grow your own business. You will follow your designs from the first sketches to the finished results, including learning how to sell your creations in the marketplace.
Emphasis is placed on expert pattern cutting and garment production of your own designs. In the final year, you will gain hands-on experience through a work placement, to prepare you for your real life experience in the fashion industry.
- Fundamentals of Design: Fundamentals of Creative Design; Fundamentals of Fashion Design; History of Fashion Design; History of Art
- Communicating Fashion Design: Basic Production & Technology; Fashion Drawing 1; Freehand Drawing 1; Photography 1; Print Design; Illustrator 1; Photoshop 1; Block and Size Specifications; Pattern Cutting
- Design Projects: Project 1; Group Project; Final Project
- Fashion Theory: The History of Fashion Design 2; Fashion Lab; Fashion Marketing, Merchandising & Branding; Sustainability & Ethical Education
- Fashion Production: Fashion Production & Technology; Illustrator 2; Photoshop 2; Fashion Drawing 2; Runway & Styling; Fashion Textile & Colour
- Design Projects II: Project 1; Group Project; Final Project
- Advanced Fashion Design & Management: Vocational Orientation; Fashion Marketing, Merchandising & Range Planning; Intellectual Property Rights for Fashion Business; Runway & Styling 2
- Collection Development: Fashion Drawing 3; Advanced Pattern Creation & Technology; Garment Costing & Fashion Production Procedures; InDesign 1; Fashion Photography
- Final Major Project & Collection: Final Major Project & Portfolio; Work Experience; Educational & Vocational Orientation
At the end of the academic year, the Fashion Design students will choose a catwalk model to present their designs at the school´s yearly "Students Exhibition" held in the middle of June.
All other Design Students at the Marbella Design Academy will also present their work at this exhibition, which is a big yearly event.
Summer Fashion Design Course:
- Duration: 5 weeks
"I chose Marbella Design Academy because I wanted a new experience abroad and studying seemed like a good idea. The best thing about MDA is that it is an international collage, so you meet people around the world here."
- Raïssa, Fashion Design Student