Vancouver Career College, Burnaby campus:
Vancouver Career College (VCC) is a private institution that for more than 40 years has provided premiere career-based training to students living in Canada. VCC in Burnaby BC offers Certificate and Diploma programs in a range of Healthcare career fields, many of which provide practicum placements so you can take the knowledge you have learned in the classroom and apply it in a real-life employment situation. Email: Contact us belowHealth Care Assistant Diploma Program:
During this program, students learn about chronic conditions, anatomy, physiology and medical terminology. Graduates also receive the following certifications: Food Safe Level 1 Certificate, CPR “C” Certificate, WHMIS Certificate and Standard First Aid Certificate.
The course also provides "real world" training with two clinical care supervised learning positions. Students spend 3 weeks working in intermediate care and 4 weeks in an extended care role. Course modules include:
- Community Assisted Living Practicum
- Dementia Care and Complex Care Clinical
- HCA: Introduction to Practice
- Healing 1: Caring for Individual Experiencing Common Health Challenges
- Healing 2: Caring for Individuals Experiencing Cognitive and Mental Challenges
- Healing 3: Personal Care and Assistance
- Health and Healing: Concepts of Practice
- Health 1: Interpersonal Communications
- Health 2: Lifestyle and Choices
Vancouver Career College only accepts inquiries here from persons living in Canada at present.
Please ensure that you enter a valid email address, telephone number and Postal Code.
* marked fields are required