Career colleges in Canada: Practical nursing diploma program in Vancouver BC area, nurse certification course in Burnaby. Medical career training, health care internships in the Metro Vancouver area, close to Port Moody, Coquitlam, & New Westminster BC.
Vancouver Career College, Burnaby campus: Are you searching for quality Practical Nursing training in the Vancouver BC area? The Burnaby campus of Vancouver Career College provides a 75-week Practical Nursing Diploma program. Vancouver Career College is a fully accredited, first-class training facility dedicated to the needs of individuals serious about their future careers. Our class sizes are small, and our highly-experienced instructors are able to provide you with the one-on-one attention you deserve. Burnaby is conveniently located in the centre of the Metro Vancouver area and our campus is easily-accessible by public transport.
Email:Contact us below
Practical Nursing Diploma Program - 75 weeks:
This program introduces students to the fundamental duties and responsibilities of a Practical Nurse. The curriculum follows standards laid out by the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of British Columbia. It aims to train students to work alongside fellow healthcare specialists in settings like acute care wards, long-term care facilities, public schools, and private homes. Courses combine both classroom learning and lab work, as well as four practica. Students are trained in both holistic and clinical practices.
During this supervised hands-on training, students gain experience in facilities that deal with gerantology, acute care, and community medical care. To help to transition them from student to graduate, students participate in a preceptorship and job search training at the end of the supervised learning.
Graduates may find work in: Acute Care Hospitals; Alzheimer Units; Long-Term Care Settings; Group Homes; Public Schools; Home Care.
Student Testimonial: "I had a great instructor. She had worked in the field for many years and had been nursing her entire life. She taught us practical things and answered any question that we had, even if she had to do a little research.”
- Mallory Y., Vancouver Career College Graduate
Vancouver Career College, BC is a fully accredited, first-class training facility dedicated to the needs of individuals intent on starting a new career or enhancing their current skills. There are six locations in BC province - Abbotsford, Vancouver, Burnaby, Surrey, Coquitlam and Kelowna. Our career-training programs at our Abbotsford campus will help you to develop the skills you need in the fields of health care and ESL teaching. Our diploma programs include an internship/practicum placement program.
We are fully accredited by the Private Career Training Institutions Agency (PCTIA) of British Columbia. Certain programs are recognized by the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of BC (CLPNBC), the Ministry of Children and Family Development of BC, TESL Canada and the Forum for International Trade Training (FITT).
Note: Vancouver Career College only accepts inquiries here from persons living in Canada at present.
The Charles MacPherson Academy educates butlers, household managers, and housekeepers for the modern day service demands of private estates and residences. The Academy is a registered private career college under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005, located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Students are taught by subject matter experts in a combination of classroom and practical settings. With daily opportunities for both theoretical and hands-on learning, our graduates leave the “Swiss Army Knives” of the profession: skilled, multi-faceted, and resourceful domestic service professionals, equipped to tackle the demands of their roles in private service.
Conveniently situated in Mississauga and serving the Greater Toronto Area, National Personal Training Institute (NPTI) is a leading personal trainer school. We provide an innovative and comprehensive Personal Fitness Trainer diploma program taught by experienced and qualified instructors. It will provide you with the specialized knowledge and skills you need for a successful and rewarding career as a Personal Trainer. You can complete this course in as little as six months, or attend class each Saturday for a year. Day, evening, and weekend class are available.
At NPTI, we are committed to providing a high standard of education for our aspiring fitness professionals. Our curriculum is geared to the needs of today’s health-minded people. Our modern facility has the latest exercise equipment and learning materials for an effective and comfortable learning environment. We emphasize hands-on, practical training, and offer FREE ongoing consultation with nutritionists and fitness experts. Free job placement assistance is also available for all our graduates.
Student Testimonial: "I believe that this personal training course has given me the confidence and knowledge base to be a great personal trainer. The staff is top notch, very approachable whenever I had questions and supportive in their advice. The practical aspect of this course is without a doubt the biggest asset. No other program offers it...Don't hesitate to take your personal training course with NPTI."
- Steve, NPTI Graduate
- Personal Fitness Training Program:
500-hour comprehensive program that can be completed in 6 months (5 hours a day, 4 days a week) or over the course of 1 year (8 hours every Saturday).
Training includes 300 hours of classroom instruction plus 200 hours supervised, hands-on gym time. You will also have a practical internship with 6 months of hands-on experience in a fitness facility with a personal trainer.
Situated in Downtown Richmond BC, just south of Vancouver, Universal Learning Institute (ULI) was founded in 1996 with the mission of providing individualized learning opportunities for people seeking employment or wanting to upgrade their work skills.
ULI offers a full range of career programs, from one day training to two years programs. Most courses can be started every month.
All courses are conducted in a small class environment with frequent interactions between students and instructors.
• Gain the expert knowledge and skills you need to succeed as a spray tan consultant with Aviva Spray Tanning Academy - one of the leading spray tan training providers in Canada!
• The world's first spray tan training academy, Aviva offers onsite spray tan classes in Toronto ON, Vancouver BC and Montreal, Quebec. In each city, our 1-day certification programs are held in a leading hotel.
• In addition to our in-class training, we provide comprehensive online spray tan classes that allow you to earn your professional certification from the comfort of your own home or office, with content available 24/7.
• All of our spray tan courses come with a 100% money-back guarantee.
• On successful completion of your course, you will be awarded a Spray Tanning Certificate.
• Sunless spray tanning is one of the fastest growing services in the beauty industry, increasing by almost 500% in the past 5 years!
• Our interactive short courses are ideal if you want to add a spray tanning certification to your beauty career portfolio, or to start a successful spray tanning business, or improve the profitability of your current spray tanning business.
Student Review: "I don't think my business would be where it is today without the quality of the Aviva products & training and all the wonderful marketing information & suggestions the Aviva staff has provided...After completing your online training and adjusting to their methods to the Aviva-Way all our tans are now even and natural." • Patti, Mississippi
• Canadian Centre for Verbatim Studies is a Ministry-approved career college that specializes in the online training and professional development of Authorized Court Transcriptionists (ACT), and Digital Legal Monitors.
• We provide a 14-week online Court Transcription certification program as well as a 4 to 16-week Digital Legal Monitor / Court Reporter course for home-study students living in Canada.
Court Transcription course: • All classes are delivered by a professional transcriptionist who has worked for several years as an educator, a court reporter for the Ontario courts, and an ACT.
• We provide students with a comprehensive education in court transcript production, and ensure that they are fully equipped to produce accurate, reliable transcripts of legal proceedings.
• Graduates meet the transcript qualification standards set out by the Ministry of the Attorney General of Ontario, and are eligible to register and become an Authorized Court Transcriptionist (ACT).
Digital Legal Monitor course: • A digital monitor is also responsible for all of the duties of a court reporter, including marking exhibits, swearing in witnesses, and providing playbacks.
• Students will have access to the course for 4 months. Students can sit the final exam at any time.