ENTRY NOT COMPLETE:
Would you like to start a new career in the fields of Shipping & Freight Forwarding or improve your prospects in your current job? PG Diploma in Shipping & Freight Forwarding to students living in Saudi Arabia, UAE and worldwide. This 10-week course can be completed entirely online using our state-of-the-art, live, interactive virtual platform. It aims to help you to understand how to effectively strategize as well as manage the shipping and freight forwarding business in its entirety.Email: Contact us belowAccreditation:
The Postgraduate Diploma in Shipping and Freight Forwarding is certified by ABP (Association of Business Practitioners), which is a not-for-profit professional awarding body from the UK.
Online PG Diploma in Shipping & Freight Forwarding - 10 weeks:
This course is designed to give managers of logistics and freight forwarding companies, shipping company managers and officers, and management students an in-depth insight into the industry. It aims to help them to understand the basic principles and fundamentals of effective Shipping & Freight Forwarding Management.
Often referred to as the life blood of the global economy, the shipping and freight forwarding industry involves the transportation of goods (food stuffs, oil and gas, commodities, manufactured products for import and export) that account for near about 90% of the world trade.
- Introduction to international trade, objectives of international trade & factors leading to international trade
- Understand the link between international trade and Supply Chain Management (SCM)
- Role of SCM and logistics in international trade
- Economic integration & regional trade blocks in improving international trade
- Shipping documentation - Types of Bill of Lading, EIC Code, Freight Bill, Claims
- International documentation: Export License, Export declaration, Sales documents, Import License, Commercial invoice, Consular invoice, Certificate of Value, Certificate of Origin, Carnet, Phyto Sanitary certificate, Export Bill of Lading, Bill of Entry, Ocean Bill of Lading, Insurance Certificate
- Letter of Credits
- INCOTerms 2010
- Fundamental principles and freight forwarding
- About time zones and transportation
- Various modes of transport
- Major routes of all modes
- The Trans-Asian- European corridors
- Linkages between modes and economic groupings
- Climatic conditions and transport, suitability of mode for the freight
- The Customs Clearing & Freight Forwarding environment, including the complication of consolidation and the delays in clearing and moving the freight
- Trade and geopolitics (markets and their trends)