CDI College, Vancouver campus:
Health Care Assistants are an invaluable part of the Canadian healthcare system. Study for a Health Care Assistant Diploma program with CDI College in Vancouver BC - For the past 30 years, CDI has helped thousands of students across the country prepare for better careers.Email: Contact us below"CDI College gave me a better chance to provide for my family."
- Josh C., CDI College Graduate
Health Care Assistant (HCA) Diploma Program:
Duration: 28 weeks
Health Care Assistants (HCAs) provide support for patients with physical or mental health issues who need permanent or temporary care in facilities such as retirement homes, hospices, group homes, and long-term care facilities.
CDI College's HCA program teaches students to respond to the emotional, psychological, and physical needs of the client, to assist the client in interacting with family members, and to support the client's personal care such as bathing and hygiene.
Students put the classroom work into practice as part of the mandatory 360-hour practicum placement, which will equip them with the real-world skills they need succeed. Modules include:
- Health and Healing: Concepts of Practice
- Health 1: Interpersonal Communications
- Health 2: Lifestyle Choices
- HCA: Introduction to Practice
- Caring for Individual Experiencing Common Health Challenges
- Personal Care and Assistance
- Dementia Care and Complex Care Clinical
- Home Support / Assisted Living Practicum
CDI College only accepts inquiries here from persons living in Canada at present.
Please ensure that you enter a valid email address, telephone number and Postal Code.
* marked fields are required