Learning disabilities boarding school in Virginia: Private boarding school for kids with dyslexia, special needs. Co-ed residential programs for elementary school & middle school students from Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Williamsburg, Richmond, Alexandria, Newport News, Chesapeake, Roanoke, WV, MD, NC, TN, KY, NY, CA, TX, FL..
Oakland School & Camp, Albemarle County: Located in Keswick, Albemarle County VA (11 miles east of Charlottesville), Oakland School is a small co-ed boarding and day school that enables children who have dyslexia, learning disabilities, or organizational and study skills difficulties to reach their academic and personal potential. The school is located on the site of a former plantation in the rolling countryside of central Virginia, just eleven miles east of historic Charlottesville. Oakland's peaceful country setting and nurturing environment allow for truly remarkable learning to occur.
Email:Contact us below( or request a callback ).
Day & Boarding Programs for Boys & Girls Ages 6-14: - Oakland is co-ed for ages 6-14 at admission with dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyscalculia or organizational and study skills difficulties.
- An individualized academic program including at least one 30-minute period per day of one-to-one instruction is designed for each student.
- Children with severe reading disabilities often receive additional "one-to-ones". Because the ability to read impacts all aspects of education, teaching reading is a specialty at Oakland.
Contact Us Today - Send a Quick Email here: ( or request a callback ).
• THINK Global School (TGS) is a private, non-profit high school that travels the world, allowing students ages 14-18 years old the chance to study in four new international cities each academic year.
• TGS offers a once-in-a-lifetime educational experience centered around travel and cultural immersion.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all regions and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature United Nations, representing over 25 different countries of citizenship, and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School if fully accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Schools - Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACS-WASC).
Upcoming & Previous School Locations around the world: • 2021-2022: Australia, Bosnia, Botswana, Chile, China, Greece, India, Japan, Oman, Panama.
• 2019-2020: Bosnia & Herzegovina, Australia, Chile, Italy
• 2018-2019: China, Oman, Costa Rica, Greece
• 2017-2018: Botswana, India, Japan & Spain
• 2016-2017: Canada, Morocco & Peru
• 2015-2016: Sweden, Bosnia & Italy
• 2014-2015: New Zealand, Costa Rica, Greece
• 2013-2014: India, Tanzania, Japan
• 2012-2013: Argentina, Bhutan, USA
• 2011-2012: Ecuador, Thailand, Germany
• 2010-2011: Sweden, Australia, China
"The collective energy that the students at THINK Global School possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!" - TGS Residential Advisor
The school year consists of four terms, each held in a different country, where students have the chance to explore the history and culture of fantastic locations worldwide.
• Taught in small classes by friendly, dedicated and experienced teachers
• Student-driven instruction
• All subjects are inspired by the location, and are designed to combine learning with a wealth of cultural experiences.
Located in Front Royal, VA, Randolph-Macon Academy (R-MA) is a college-prep boarding school with an Air Force JROTC program. R-MA is one of the premier military schools in the nation, and the only Virginia military school offering Air Force JROTC. Our focus is on college-prep. 100% of our students are accepted to college.
Students in Grades 6-12 discover their potential and develop better academic and organizational skills. Students receive personal attention in the classroom and in the dorm. They learn positive Christian morals and develop self-discipline through a structured program, administered by teachers and dorm counselors who care deeply about "their" kids.
As a small boarding school of 410 students, opportunities abound. Graduating classes average $4 million in college scholarships. The Air Force Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps (AFJROTC) program is grounded in the Air Force core values of Integrity First, Service Before Self, and Excellence In All We Do.
Located in Chatham, Pittsylvania County, southern Virginia, Hargrave Military Academy is a college preparatory secondary boy’s military boarding school for Grades 7-12 and one post graduate year with college prep SAT, ACT and AP courses.
Established in 1909, Hargrave has a long history of providing quality education to our students, not only in the classroom, but in the areas of character development, leadership, socially, spiritually and athletically.
The Academy provides a safe learning and boarding environment with modern dorm facilities, dining and infirmary services. The daily structure provides a higher level of accountability and responsibility that is not present today.
Hargrave maintains no military affiliation with the U.S. Military, U.S. Reserve Officer Training Programs (ROTC), or other military organizations. Hargrave maintains its own independent military program, which permits the Academy to provide leadership training geared toward individual development and academic success.
Hargrave Military Academy is fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) and the Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS).
Military Boarding Programs for boys in Grades 7-12 and Postgraduate Year:
- College Preparatory Curriculum with Language Arts, Math, Science and Social Studies
- Advanced Placement Courses
- College Preparation Courses SAT, ACT
- Enhanced Learning Through Technology Program
- English as a Second Language Program
- International Students are welcome
St. Anne’s-Belfield School, located in Charlottesville, Virginia, is an accredited, independent, day and boarding school offering Grades Pre-School - 12 (day), and Grades 9-12 (boarding).
Five-day and seven-day boarding options are available in Grades 9-12. A weekly chapel service, a competitive sports program, and a fine and performing arts program compliment the academic experience.
We at St. Anne's-Belfield School believe that the transmission of knowledge, the encouragement of curiosity, the development of rational thought, and the cultivation of responsible, honorable behavior are the great ends of education.
St. Anne’s-Belfield School is accredited by the Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS).
Located in northwestern Montana, Turning Winds Academic Institute (TWAI) is an accredited, family-run, therapeutic boarding school for troubled teens (boys and girls) ages 13-18 from Virginia and across the United States.
In our beautiful, peaceful, and safe location, we combine the benefits of a therapeutic boarding school, a wilderness program, and a residential treatment center (RTC).
TWAI has been serving struggling teens and their families since 2002, with an exceptional degree of success.
We provide an extremely high standard of therapeutic treatment to our students, and offer help for the following presenting issues: poor academic performance, behavioral problems, addictions, low self-worth, spectrum disorders, ADD/ADHD, and attachment disorders among others.
With a passion for helping young people in crisis, our clinical, educational, and operations staff are among the best in the country.
We are a small program (40 students) which means that we are able to provide a truly unique and customized approach for every student.
Typically our on site student to staff ratio is 5:1. The average stay at our residential treatment center is 12 months.
Parent Testimonial: "We feel reassured that our son Chad is in good hands being guided onto the right track...We are really beginning to get our son back again! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts."
The Madeira School is a girls' boarding school and day school, Grades 9–12, located 12 miles outside Washington, D.C. in McLean, Fairfax County, northern Virginia.
Designed for girls who are bright, curious, and independent, Madeira is committed to providing an exemplary college prepatory school education with with prep courses for PSAT, SAT and SAT II, summer and community programs as well as a global emphasis and a unique co-curriculum program offering off-campus internship opportunities for every student.
The six dormitories at Madeira accommodate girls from all over the world. Over half of our girls are boarders, and boarding life forms a vital and vibrant portion of life at Madeira.
Most boarders have roommates, and many continue to live with that roommate each year. Faculty and girls bring with them diverse ethnic, racial, religious, socio-economic, and cultural perspectives and share them in both academic and social settings.
Imagine the fun you will have getting to know girls from Bhutan, Mexico, Korea, Taiwan, Russia, Nigeria, and across the United States? Your character, interests, and culture are considered valuable assets that improve and enhance the overall community.