Harvest English Institute, Los Angeles:
An established ESL training provider, Harvest English Institute (HEI) offers beginner to advanced programs for local and international students. With our four English language schools across the USA (in Los Angeles, California; Newark & Long Branch, New Jersey; and Orlando, Florida), learning English as a second language has never been so fun and unique! The Harvest English Institute Los Angeles campus is situated on Wilshire Boulevard in the Koreatown neighborhood of Central LA. Harvest English Institute welcomes students from all over the world, and is authorized by the U.S. government to accept international students (to issue an I-20 form for a F-1 visa application).
English Language Courses in Los Angeles:
Learn how to speak, read, and write English fluently in a fast-paced environment with professionals who are trained and certified to teach you quickly.
ESL Programs include:
• Intensive English Program (Beginner, Intermediate, High Intermediate & Advanced Levels)
• TOEFL iBT Exam Preparation course
• Supplemental courses in Pronunciation, Conversation, and Writing
• Business English classes
• Recreational English for non- F-1 (student visas) which are 16 hours or less in length
• Private English lessons for adults, college students, healthcare & business professionals
• Summer English courses
Intensive English Program:
The IEP – Intensive English Program – is subdivided into six levels which follow The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR, which is an international standard for describing language ability). CEFR describes your language ability on a six-point scale, from basic beginners up to proficient students who have mastered a language.
• Level 1: CEFR – Proficiency Level BEGINNER I, A1 (BASIC USER)
• Level 2: CEFR – Proficiency Level BEGINNER II, A1 / A2 (BASIC USER)
• Level 3: CEFR – Proficiency Level Intermediate I, A2 / B1 (BASIC/INDEPENDENT USER)
• Level 4: CEFR – Proficiency Level Intermediate II, B1 (INDEPENDENT USER)
• Level 5: CEFR – Proficiency Level High Intermediate, B2 (INDEPENDENT USER)
• Level 6: CEFR – Proficiency Level Advanced, B2-C1 (INDEPENDENT/PROFICIENT USER)
The IEP program makes English unforgettable through multiple exposures to language, numerous opportunities to practice it, and an intensive recycling of the vocabulary. It prepares students to communicate in English with a diverse array of speakers from around the world, who have a wide range of native and non-native accents.
An emphasis on cultural fluency enables students to navigate the social, travel, and business situations that they will encounter in their everyday lives.
TOEFL iBT Exam Preparation Course:
• TOEFL is a standardized test to measure the English language ability of non-native English speakers seeking to enroll in universities and colleges in the USA, Canada, UK, Australia, and English-speaking universities around the world. Today, TOEFL is accepted by 7000+ institutions in more than 130 countries.
• The TOEFL iBT exam is a computer-based test of the four skills - Reading, Listening, Speaking, and Writing, and the TOEFL course at Harvest English Institute in Los Angeles can be taken by the students who have already completed our general advanced level 6 or as a private English course.
• HEI will provide you with comprehensive TOEFL preparation focused on key techniques and strategies on how to master components such as listening, speaking, reading comprehension, and writing. Gain confidence and improve your English skills through practice questions and diagnostic tests.
Recreational English Program:
• Our short and intensive Recreational English Program is for students who want to improve their language proficiency and have additional fun in the process. This program is ideal for visitors, new residents in the U.S., people on a work visa, dependent visa holders, and any other immigration status you may have in the United States.
• The system is designed to help you practice your writing, reading, listening, and speaking skills, and Recreational English students join the same classes as our Intensive English Program students. Your class schedule will include the Core course, and the available supplemental skills courses such as Pronunciation, Conversation, Writing, and Business English.
• A Recreational English student can enroll from 12 to 16 hours per week (A student visa is not required when you take up to 16 hours of classes per week).
• You can work on your English skills while still having the time to be a tourist!
Business English Classes:
- Duration: 64 hours
- For Business College Students, Working Professionals, Managers & Company Executives.
- F-1 Visa students must study at least 18 hours per week.
CEFR Correlation: C1 INDEPENDENT/PROFICIENT USER:
- Can understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts, and recognise implicit meaning.
- Can express yourself fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions.
- Can use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes.
- Can produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organisational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices.
• Our Business ESL course targets the improvement of your business English language skills, and it is designed for advanced English students to be able to adapt linguistically to a fast-changing business environment.
• The course uses the communicative approach with introduction, vocabulary presentation, reading texts, listening assignments, discussion activities, language review, integrated skills, and case studies that are used in real life business situations.
• If you do not hold a F-1 student visa, you can take our Business English course privately. However, if you hold a F-1 student visa, you can take our Business English course along with the TOEFL iBT Test Preparation Course as a Supplemental Skill Course.
"Studying at Harvest Institute has helped me to improve my English. When I first started I thought it would be impossible to learn but the teachers encouraged me from the beginning with the grammar classes combined with Conversation, Pronunciation, and Writing Classes, proving to me that I was capable of learning."
Email: Contact Us
|Address: 3550 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 1050, Los Angeles, California , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2021 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.