CDI College, Scarborough campus:
Begin an exciting new career with a business qualification from CDI College! We are one of Canada's leading career training providers and have over 40 years of helping students of all ages and backgrounds build their careers. With campuses located throughout Ontario, BC, Alberta, Manitoba and Quebec, we offer accredited diploma and certification courses in Business Administration, Accounting, Office Administration among others. Financial aid may be available for those who qualify.
Business Diploma & Certification Courses:
- Office Administration - Executive Diploma Program:During this 36-week program, you will develop the skills you will need to succeed in the modern office environment. You will learn general business skills and comprehensive bookkeeping skills as well as learning how to use some of the most popular accounting software packages.
You will become proficient at an advanced level in the Microsoft Office suite as well as receiving training in related Microsoft business software.
- Business Administration Diploma Program:The curriculum of this diploma program reflects current trends and best practices in business administration. Courses include Business Essentials, Effective Business Writing, Marketing and Professional Skills. Students acquire computer skills, accounting knowledge, and will learn about the fundamentals of project management, and gain important skills such as networking and communications.
- Office Assistant Program:This diploma program will provide you with a strong foundation in business principles and procedures, as well as up-to-date software and office computer skills. You will learn to use industry-standard office software such as the Microsoft Office suite and related Microsoft business software, and gain experience with widely-used accounting software and principles.
- Medical Office Administrator Diploma Program:
This 36-week diploma program will help you to develop the skills you will need to work in a modern medical office. Graduates will be prepared to enter jobs such as medical file clerk, medical office receptionist, ward clerk or medical transcriptionist. You will build strong computer skills and use industry-standard software such as Microsoft Office suite and payroll and accounting software.
- Medical Office Assistant Diploma Program:This training program, in conjunction with a professional and self-confident attitude, will help prepare you for a career in a clinic, hospital, medical practice, or other medical / health care area. You will develop skills in four key areas: medical terminology, medical transcription, medical office administrative skills, and word processing.
The program also fosters the development of interpersonal skills, organizational effectiveness, and communication skills necessary to function in a medical environment.
- Accounting Assistant / Bookkeeper Diploma Program:The program gives you the strong bookkeeping and general accounting background you will need to succeed in this much in-demand profession. Learn to use industry-standard software such as Simply Accounting, QuickBooks Pro, and AccPac. Become proficient at using non-accounting software such as Outlook, MS Word, and Excel, as well as general office skills and procedures.
- Accounting and Payroll Administrator Diploma Program:
CDI College's accounting and payroll administrator program prepares students to become valuable members of many businesses, and excel in this in-demand career. Our diploma program places an emphasis on providing a strong foundation of general accounting principles, and in the industry-standard software used today in the field.
Explore courses in advanced accounting and business studies, and get up-to-date training on the latest accounting software versions, plus general office programs such as MS Word, Excel and Outlook. Students also complete requirements for the Canadian Payroll Association payroll certification programs, which provide a foundation of payroll techniques and principles.
- Computer Business Applications Specialist Diploma Program:
Includes courses in Student Success Strategies, Fundamentals of Computers, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook. Having a command of software such as the Microsoft Office Suite can take you a long way in a career in administration, business or hospitality. The Computer Business Applications Specialist program at CDI College helps to develop your fundamental computer skills, office administration, and professional business skills.
Emphasis is placed on learning operating systems, and gaining in-depth knowledge of the most popular word processing, database, spreadsheet, presentation and email software applications in use today in the modern office.
In just under 5 months, you will gain the essential success strategy skills highly sought after by employers in a range of employment fields. Graduates are suited to office administration-related roles in a wide variety of business, personnel, accounting, finance, marketing and hospitality areas.
- Law Clerk with Internship (Diploma Program) - Please contact us for details.
- Business Management Diploma Program:
Gain the essential combination of knowledge and skills that you need to succeed in the world of business and management. Learn about accounting and finance, develop essential communication skills, including public speaking and business writing.
Along with courses in psychology, organizational behavior and human resources, study a range of business administration topics, including marketing, business law, economics and e-commerce. Cover advanced business topics such as strategic management, business planning and international trade.
- Business Internship Diploma Program: This two-year diploma program combines academic education with field experience in areas such as marketing, sales, management or finance. The business internship program is suited for students with little or no experience in business and will allow them to get a comprehensive business education as well as valuable hands-on experience.
The extended unpaid internship gives students a chance to gain practical experience in a business environment. Paid internships are also an option, but those who choose this option will be responsible for securing their own placement.
- Supply Chain Management Diploma Program:
Supply Chain Management involves the smooth running of the logistics of the flow of goods and services from suppliers to consumers. A number of key stages in supply chain management include procurement, transportation and distribution, storage, and requires a variety of essential skills including the supply and demand estimation and forecasting, financial planning, operations planning, negotiation, technical and IT skills.
The logistics, international trade and supply chain management industry sector is one of the largest employers in Canada, with close to one million employed in careers directly related to it, and this industry is expected to continue to grow in the future offering tens of thousands of new jobs each year.
- Event Management Diploma Program:
This program covers the key tasks and processes related to the coordination, management and planning of events. Event managers assume the lead role on an event planning team, and play important roles in financial management, resource planning, contracts and negotiations, HR management, the supervision of event coordinators, other event staff members and volunteers.
- Social Media Marketing diploma program - Please contact us for details.
Note: CDI College only accepts inquiries here from persons living in Canada at present. For further information on our career training courses in Scarborough, please email us below.
|Address: 2131 Lawrence Avenue East, Scarborough, Ontario , Canada|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.