Orita Sinclair School of Design & Music:
Orita Sinclair School of Design & Music is a leading boutique arts school in Singapore, centrally located in the Tanglin neighbourhood. We offer diploma and advanced diploma courses in the fields of Design Communication, Interaction Design, Music Production & Audio Engineering. Our diploma courses are offered in full-time and part-time modes. In addition, we offer a wide range of short courses. Our courses are available to students from around the world, and the language of instruction is English.
Arts / Design Diploma & Advanced Diploma Courses:
Design Communication Diploma Course:
- Full-time Study: 32 weeks / 4 terms. Study hours per week: 25
- Part-time Study: 64 weeks / 8 terms. Study hours per week: 12.5
In this course, you will receive graphic design training from industry professionals in small class sizes. You begin with visual fundamentals: points, lines, planes, space, tension, colour, tone and balance, as well as perceptive skills and typography.
You will then be introduced to corporate identity, packaging, advertising, interactive media and storyboarding.
You will go on to expand your designer’s toolset, integrating digital photography, basic animation, 3D-modelling, video or audio into your work.
Subjects covered include:
History of Graphic Design; Drawing; Creative Writing; Visual Communication; Digital Photography; Digital Imaging Principles & Processing; Video – Interface & Technology; Perceptive Skills; Typography; Packaging; Storyboarding; Video – Concept Studies; Computer Graphics; Advertising Design; Audio and Sound Editing; Interactive Media – Interface & Technology; Interactive Media – Concept Studies; Major Project Development; Portfolio Development
Design Communication Advanced Diploma Course:
- Full-time Study: 24 weeks / 3 terms. Study hours per week: 25
- Part-time Study: 48 weeks / 6 terms. Study hours per week: 12.5
Subjects covered include:
Design Theory; Major Project Development; Industry Practice; Major Project Production
Students will be attached to a design company for a period of 8 weeks. During this period, students experience how a design firm functions, operates and understand what the expectations of a designer are. Students will maintain a logbook throughout their attachment and is expected to submit a report on their experience.
Music Production & Audio Engineering Diploma Course:
- Full-time Study: 30 weeks / 3 terms. Study hours per week: 15
- Part-time Study: 60 weeks / 6 terms. Study hours per week: 7.5
The Diploma in Music Production & Audio Engineering is an intensive training programme for those serious about an education in audio engineering and music recording.
The objective of the programme is to produce well-rounded, professionally trained recording and mixing engineers, music producers and musicians. also contains a real-world music business module which will cover the inner workings of the music industry such as publishing, A & R, music business operations and music marketing.
The Diploma in Music Production & Audio Engineering programme equips students with professional skills needed to succeed in the music, film, audio and new media industries.
At Orita Sinclair, we offer a non-traditional approach to sound education that develops the technical and artistic skills of students and teaches them the intricacies of production and post-production.
Graduates can look forward to career opportunities in audio post-production, recording studios, music production houses, sound design, live sound, broadcast, radio and television.
7-month Apprenticeship Programme / Specialist Diploma in Design Communication:
Gain valuable hands-on industry experience through the Orita Sinclair Apprenticeship Programme! Learn in a studio environment about executing briefs, understanding clients' needs and receive expert critique from Creative Directors that will help you to improve.
The programme consists of 8 modules: 2 x Negotiated Study modules; 3 x Graphic Design Studio modules; and 3 x Design Culture and Practices modules. Each module is 72 hours long and all involve projects.
- The focus of the Graphic Design Studio modules is to train apprentices to interpret and respond to a brief. The objective is to provide you with the opportunity to develop strategies to tackle branding campaigns targeted at clients with different requirements and needs.
- The focus of the Design Culture and Practices modules is to allow apprentices the opportunity to work in teams, similar to real life work situations in a design agency.
- The focus of the Negotiated Study modules is to allow apprentices the opportunity and autonomy to propose projects that will showcase their creativity and individuality as a designer. Apprentices are required to do their own market research to see what the current trends are and come up with a proposal.
All apprentices are expected to fulfill the requirements of all 8 modules by the stipulated deadlines given, and present all their works at the end of their programme during the End-of-Course Evaluation.
On completion, you will have a highly impressive portfolio - your talent made tangible - and be in an excellent position to achieve your dream position within the design industry.
Admission requirements include:
Minimum age 16 years; 3 ‘N’ levels or equivalent; English ‘N’ level C6 or equivalent; Portfolio Presentation and Interview.
Applicants who do not meet the entry requirement but show talent will be interviewed and attended to on a case by case basis.
Professional Development / Short Courses:
- Principles of Audio
- Principles of Acoustics
- Production in Rock, Metal/Alternative Music
- Production in Jazz, Blues and R&B
- Pop Music Recording Techniques
- Live Recording Techniques
- Contemporary Music Harmony
- Audio Post-Production
- DAW: Cubase 6
- DAW: Logic Pro
- Hit Songwriting
- Video Editing
- Video Production
- Certificate in Graphic Design
- Certificate in Illustration
- Digital Imaging and Photography
- Advanced Typography
- Editorial Design
Interaction Design Courses:
- Introduction to Information Design
- Principles of Interactivity
- Interaction Design Mobile Apps
- Web and Mobile Interface Design
- Data Visualization
- Design Management
- Story-telling and Narrative
- Way Finding
- User Experience Design Studio 1
- User Experience Design Studio 2
- User Experience Design Studio 3
For further information on our arts & design courses in Singapore, please email us below.
|Address: 1 Kay Siang Road, #06-01/02/10, 248922, Singapore, Singapore|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.