What you will do
Install, program, configure, commission and service Fire Alarm as well as other related building system products at customer sites. Help to execute projects on time and within allocated installation hours. Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Read and interpret complicated blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications software/systems, programs, schematics and operational product manuals. Coordinate the installation activities with all trades to optimize installation time. Attend all required site meeting. Exhibit excellent customer service skills by consistently communicating with the district staff and customers to ensure customer satisfaction. Complete project documentation in a timely manner. Adhere to all OSHA and JCI safety policies and procedures. Participate in a scheduled On-call rotation. Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications - External
What we look for:
- Willing to learn how to program and maintain Fire/Life Safety systems, Access Control, Nurse Call, and Paging systems.
- Willing to learn how to read and interpreting blueprints, submittals, and operational/product manuals.
- Experience with hand tools.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Formal electronics school training desired but willing to train to right candidate.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Good basic computer skills.
- Familiarity with computer software such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and Adobe Reader.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
- Ability to work well with team members and willingness to follow instructions.
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
- Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and driving record that meets company requirements.
- Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
- Able to obtain and retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local codes.
- Achieve NICET Level I certification within 12 months.
- Achieve NICET Level II certification within 2 years
- Completion of Basic Fire Alarm training within 12 months.
Who we are
Supportive team environment and add to that a competitive salary, best in class benefits package starting on day 1, which includes medical, dental & vision, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, paid time off and career growth opportunities.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit careers.