Custom Collagen Inc is currently searching for a Quality Assurance Manager to work in our food/dietary supplement manufacturing and packaging facility in Addison, IL. This is a direct hire opportunity offering a competitive salary with benefits and is bonus eligible. Please see below for further details.
Primary Responsibilities of the Quality Assurance Manager:
- Development, enhancement, implementation, and drafting of all food safety and quality system policies and procedures.
- Monitors compliance of established Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) guidance.
- Conducts all duties in compliance with safety rules, applicable SOPs, and other applicable guidelines
- Full engagement of day to day activities in the plant.
- HARPC team leader to maintain current plans, revise existing, and improve based on industry development.
- Performs finished product sampling and inspection.
- Performs equipment and product line clearance before production runs.
- Liaison for customer requests, complaints, questionnaires, and audits.
- Full engagement in all GFSI, customer or regulatory visits/audits.
- Review in-process batch documentation, logbooks, test results, and good documentation practices.
- Provide guidance for the disposition of non-conforming goods but utilizes internal resources for a safe quality outcome.
- Manages and writes customer complaints and product investigations, helping to asses risk, identify root cause, CAPA plans, and implementing solutions with business partners.
- Participate in quality training for the department including but not limited to allergen control, GMP, metal detection, etc.
- Walk the facility on a daily basis to ensure all quality standards are met and procedures are followed.
- 5+ years experience as a Quality Assurance Manager in the food manufacturing or related industry.
- Highly desirable: Bachelors Degree
- Highly desirable: FDA, HARPC, SQF, 21 CRF 110 &111 experience
- Highly desirable: Bilingual - English and Spanish
- Prior experience with product sampling, inspection procedures, customer complaints, product investigations, and CAPA.
- Ability to follow written procedures and monitor others for adherence to written procedures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Identification and resolution to food safety/quality issues.