This position will be responsible for setting up and operating computer numerical control machines to manufacture precision components.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
· Retrieve job related information (job routings, part drawing, tool list, work-instruction, in-process inspection sheet)
· Complete change-over activities (Machine preparation from previous job set-up to new job set-up)
· Complete manufacturing of first part per process instruction
· Review supplied raw-material for dimensions, quantity, defects and required heat lot/certification numbers
· Manufacture parts to required quantity
· Document manufactured quantities utilizing ERP system
· Inspect and document parts according to in-process inspection sheet requirements
· Troubleshoot parts when issues occur
· Work with the Engineering department to improve machining processes
· Stabilize machining processes to turn over to Operator for production run
· Train Operators as needed on job related items
· Sign off work order utilizing ERP system
· Print a physical document (i.e. router) when required
· Provide tote, documents and parts to next process step
· Maintain work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follow prescribed safety procedures
· Document completion of all required processes in ERP system
· Provide end-of-shift report detailing activities of the shift
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty in an exemplary manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
· High School Diploma or GED
· 5 years experience setting up and operating CNC milling and/or turning machines
· Ability to read technical drawings
· Understanding of GD&T
· Experience using measuring tools and gages
· Experience with Siemens and/or Heidenhain controls preferred
· Experience with Deckel Maho Gildemeister (DMG) machines preferred
· Ability to write professionally for multiple outlets that conform to prescribed style and format
· Ability to communicate effectively verbally
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
· Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Visio)
· Experience with ERP system
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is routinely required to stand; walk and sit.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus.
· Employee may occasionally be required to lift parts weighing up to 50 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ARCH Global Precision is an Equal Opportunity Employee and wholeheartedly supports diversity in the workplace as a basic premise for business success. All employees of ARCH Global Precision are employed on an at-will basis.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.Company Description
ARCH combines the expertise of leading American manufacturers and expanding technologies to serve the medical, aerospace and defense, and industrial markets. We offer a unified approach that brings financial strength, capacity and scalability.
Solutions range from critical part production to the delivery of subassemblies and products, manufactured to meet the most stringent requirements. Our Cutting Tools Group ensures efficiency and performance, with optimized surface finish and tolerances.