This position is responsible for overseeing the procurement of all carry over content needed in the process. You will understand the requirements, place orders, follow them through the planning process, deal with the shortages, and plan the picking/kit-building and sequencing of parts for the assembly line.
- Understand requirement, work together with the Material Planner and put plan together.
- Close with other disciplines within the logistics organization (especially Planning, Material Control, Warehouse, Quality and Expediter teams).
- Be continuously aware of and pro-actively addressing shortages.
- Review and improve the operating environment through establishing and maintaining housekeeping standards.
- To be responsible for pro-actively identifying, escalating, and addressing risks to production requirements (capacity constraints/shutdowns etc.), supplier lead times, schedule stability, planned inventory levels and warehousing capacities.
- Coordination of the Build/Test Process, interacting with the build and engineering teams.
- Directly connect with Material Planner & Controllers to agree part release timing.
- Set warehouse priorities for the warehouse operator, ensure all parts are picked and booked out to process.
- Plan, design, and implement self-propelled kitting carts for assembly. Design carts, containers, and inlays.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar Engineering related discipline – Required
- Two or more years of experience in Manufacturing Engineering – Required
- Two or more years of experience in Process Planning, Process Development and/or Process Improvements – Required
- Knowledge of production and assembly operations, mainly logistics and line feed operations – Required
- CAD/CAM experience to design bias, containers, and costs.
- Logistics experience for packaging utilization.
- Logistics experience in replenish-route design.