A typical day as a Youth Care Worker may include:
- Supervising and assisting students in their daily routines;
- Monitoring the behavior of students and ensuring they are matriculating in the program accordingly;
- Writing routine reports for student records and program compliance;
- Resolving student concerns and redirecting poor behavior;
- Serving as a mentor and role model.
Sequel Youth and Family Services is a privately owned company that develops and operates programs for people with behavioral, emotional, or physical challenges. This is typically children between the ages of 5 and 17. We offer a broad spectrum of services and options that care for our patients and families alike. Our offerings include long-term residential treatment, short-term impact programs, shelter care, therapeutic group homes, therapeutic foster care, community-based services, in-home services, and alternative education programs. We have over 46 facilities in over 22 states and are headquartered in Huntsville, AL.