The human resource manager is directly responsible for the overall administration and coordination of all human resource functions to link the company's management with its employees. They will be responsible for designing and implementing the overall recruiting strategy for the company by sourcing and attracting candidates using databases, social media etc. They will conduct interviews and filter candidates for open positions. They will handle employee relations to include maintaining employee records in accordance with all applicable federal and local laws. They will administer benefits and payroll administration including on-boarding and updating internal databases.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develops and administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel.
- Plans, organizes and controls all activities of the department. Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Implements and annually updates the compensation program; rewrites job descriptions as necessary; conducts annual salary surveys.
- Develops, recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures; performs benefits administration to include claims resolution and change reporting.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt, nonexempt and temporary workers; writes and places advertisements; works with supervisors to screen and interview candidates; conducts reference checking; extends job offers; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career-path program and employee relations counseling; conducts exit interviews.
- Establishes and maintains department records and reports. Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings, such as seminars. Maintains organizational charts and employee directory. Administers employee birthday and anniversary recognition program.
- Evaluates reports, decisions and results of department initiatives in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws.
- Processing financial compensations or deductions.
- Overseeing payroll payments and changes in payroll (e.g. terminations, new hires) Check payroll information for accuracy and ensure all relevant paperwork is in order.
- Process attendance records and other documents (e.g. W-2 and tax forms) Update data with salary or wage adjustments.
- Process other financial compensations or deductions (e.g. annual bonuses, severance pay, taxes, worker’s compensation.
- Produce reports to upper management upon request.
- Answer employee questions or complaints about salaries and payments
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
- Knowledge about applicable local, state, federal and even multinational employment laws (e.g., the U.S. Affordable Care Act).
- Fluency in social media, particularly in researching and recruiting candidates through channels such as LinkedIn.
- Job candidate interviewing skills.
- Aptitude in overseeing employee benefits.
- Ability to develop and carry out manager and employee training programs.
- Capacity to analyze and work with important HR performance measures, such as employee headcount and retention rates.
- Aptitude in technology skills.
Family owned business serving the Alexandria community for 54 years. A terrific team providing excellent customer service and maintain very high reviews.