IMMEDIATE NEED FOR A TALENTED SUPERINTENDENT WITH 5+ YEARS' EXPERIENCE
Our business is thriving and we've got immediate opportunities for seasoned Superintendents who have experience in commercial interior or base-building and ground up construction. We are located in Rockville and Bethesda, MD and many of our job sites are in DC. If you have 5+ years of experience and have a success record in finishing jobs on time and on budget, we want to talk with you. Send us your resume and we'll be in touch.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Manage on-site projects from start to finish meeting project schedule, troubleshooting issues, ensuring subcontractors meet contract commitments and owner/management is informed of project status.
- Communicate daily with the Project Manager.
- Interface with PM, architect or client to address and resolve project issues and concerns.
- Ensure and manage job site safety and quality control
- Handle change order requests and ensure accurate accounting of changes and additional work performed.
- Participate in weekly meetings with owner, management and Project Manager.
Qualified candidates have the following skills, knowledge, and experience:
- 5+ years of commercial building construction and adaptive use/renovation experience successfully managing field crews and subcontractors.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Expert knowledgeable in commercial building systems and construction plans and documentation.
- Ability to instruct and inspect superior craftsmanship.
- Proven experience setting realistic expectations and surpassing them.
- Demonstrated excellence in managing the client relationship during a project.
- Proactive with the ability to anticipate and solve problems before they arise.
- Capacity to coordinate multiple tasks through superior time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Works collaboratively and holds oneself to very high standards.
- BS or BA degree from an accredited college a plus.
- Bilingual a plus.
We offer competitive salary and benefits and a fun, challenging, and rewarding work environment.
We are seeking a Commercial Construction Superintendent to join our team! You will oversee project planning, scheduling, budgeting, and implementation.
- Oversee all aspects of construction project from planning to implementation
- Allocate resources for assigned projects
- Supervise onsite personnel and subcontractors
- Interface with project inspectors, contractors, architects, engineers, city and county officials, and clients
- Negotiate with contractors to receive reasonable order costs
- Maintain high standards of workmanship that adhere to original plans and specifications
- Previous experience in construction management or other related fields
- Familiarity with construction management software
- Strong leadership qualities
- Strong negotiation skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented