rand* construction corporation (Please contact us using the "Apply for this Job Posting" box below)) is accepting resumes for an Assistant Project Manager in our Washington DC Metro Office.
Under the supervision of the Project Manager / Project Engineer, this position performs essential project management tasks such as updating project schedules, processing submittals and RFIs, assisting with the subcontractor procurement process, coordination, project delivery and close out. This position is intended as an entry level position for individuals to gain foundational experience required to become a Project Manager.
· Quickly learn Rand’s methods of project management.
· Gain the ability to accurately read construction drawings.
· Learn and master Prolog.
· Coordinate QA/QC.
· Pass LEED exam.
· Master the ability to create & develop three week look ahead project schedules using Microsoft Project.
· Prepare complete, accurate and timely submittal logs for construction projects based on project drawings and specifications.
· Track and keep current records of pending/processed Submittals in Prolog throughout the project.
· Accountable for receiving approved submittals from Architect or Engineer and notifying the Project Superintendent of potential schedule impact.
· Assist Project Manager by preparing all necessary back up relating to change requests.
· Responsible for timely completion of all required project close-out and O&M documents per contract.
· Distribute contract documents to subcontractors, including drawings, specifications, and general conditions. Include any accepted alternates or addendums with documents.
· Distribute final requirement documentation to subcontractors and accounting.
· Schedule all required construction meetings with required personnel, subcontractors, architects and owners.
· Take accurate and complete meeting minutes and distribute timely.
· Attend Owner/Architect pre-bid, project progress and closeout meetings.
· Review/ negotiate subcontractor contracts and supplier PO’s with the Project Manager and prepare documents for Project Manager to sign.
· Submit request for surety bond(s) and insurance certificates. Submit with signed contract to Owner.
· Prepare correspondence with Owner, Architect, Engineers, Subcontractors, Suppliers, etc. Examples of referenced correspondence include, but not confined to the following items: Project schedules, memos, request for information, transmittals, submittals and close out documents.
· Submit building permit application, follow-up on review progress and receive upon approval. Submit Check Request to Finance for associated fees according to Check Request procedures.
· During the Construction Phase, proactively manage project to achieve quality, schedule, budget and safety. Utilize and maintain tools: schedule and document management to track and record project performance.
· Process construction submittals, product data, shop drawings, RFI’s, CO requests, Change Orders, and Quality Control Documentation. Keep logs of all construction activities.
· Maintain customer (Owner, Architect, Engineer, Subcontractor, Supplier, Public Official and Employees) relations.
· Ensure prompt payment from Owner and payment to Subcontractor and Suppliers occurs according to percentage complete timely upon receipt from Owner.
· Document quality and progress of each subcontractor and supplier. Update Subcontractors and Suppliers of any changes to the plans, specifications and/or schedule.
· Inform management of productivity, costs, quality control, document management and processing of applications for payment. Notify management of any issues that arise which affects quality, budget, progress and safety.
· Build great working relationships with clients, architects, engineers, subcontractors and various stakeholders.
· Attend industry specific educational seminars, tradeshows as necessary.
Skills and Experience
· A four year degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management from an accredited college or university; or equivalent work experience, or combination of work and education may be substituted.
· Must have a minimum of 2+ years of work experience in commercial construction management.
· Must possess the ability to read construction drawings.
· Must be able to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
· Microsoft Office Suite.
· PDF Expert 8 or greater.
· Ability to use the Plan Grid application (desired).
· Must possess a valid current driver’s licenses
· Must have reliable transportation
· Travel may be required.
· Must be able to lift 30 lbs and may occasionally be required to lift/move more than 51 lbs.
· Must wear personal protective equipment (hard hat, safety glasses) and other equipment as needed when on construction site
· Possess good vision (normal or corrected).
· Possess good hearing (normal or corrected).
· Work required in both a typical office environment and at construction site which may include exposure to heat and cold, loud noises, airborne particles, fumes, risk of electrical shock, and moving mechanical parts.
· LEED AP
rand* is an Equal Opportunity EmployerCompany Description
rand* construction is an award-winning, woman-owned national commercial contractor that specializes in tenant interiors, building renovations, base building, retail, restaurant and ground-up construction.
Since its inception in 1989, rand*has grown from a small interiors firm to a multi-market construction company offering a wide range of services to national and regional clients. As a premier general contractor, we collaborate with the client and design teams to provide comprehensive services over the full lifecycle of a project, going above and beyond to deliver design-sensitive, cost-efficient build solutions to our clients.
Linda Rabbitt founded rand* in 1989 and actively leads the company as its Chairman of the Board. Today, we are a privately-owned corporation guided by principals and executives who provide senior level management and direction in our work. The unique organizational structure at rand* fosters an open work environment where employees of all departments and levels are encouraged to be innovative and superior in their delivery.