The Customer Service Representative provides effective customer service for all internal and external customers by utilizing excellent, in-depth knowledge of company products and programs as well as team members within the organization. Also provides branch collection support for customer service and administration.
Activities, Tasks and/or Functions:
- Receives sales calls, quotation requests, faxes, mail, EDI, , and will-call orders.
- Provides inventory and pricing information.
- Coordinate with outside sales, purchasing, billing, management, and warehouse customer issues.
- Enters or processes delivery ticket/shop orders.
- Produce and negotiate customer quotations and proposals.
- Contacts customers concerning late payments, invoicing issues, and other issues involving credit and receivable items for branch assigned accounts. Reports collection status to AR and management.
- Occasionally attends client visits with sales representatives.
- Informs and complies with company return goods policy.
- Assists outside sales in order processing and customer services.
- Quote follow-up and track lost sales reports as well as expediting all customer inquiries and orders.
- Arrange direct and/or hot shot deliveries to correct customer problems.
- Process credit card transactions.
- Assist in physical inventory.
- Assist will call customers in placing orders.
- Participate in special projects as requested by management.
- Some College – Associates Degree preferred
- CSR I a minimum of 1 year sales experience, preferably industrial distribution sales
- Highly motivated and results oriented
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong communication, organization, multi-tasking, and time management skills
- Solid problem solving and consultative skills required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced tem sales environment with minimal supervision.
- Experience with MS Office – Outlook, Excel, Word
- Dependability and ability to learn quickly
- Action Oriented
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Learning on the Fly
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
Distribution International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Distribution International provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law.Company Description
Distribution International (DI) is one of the leading distributors of thermal and acoustical insulation and related supplies for maintenance and repair operations in the United States. We are also one of the largest providers of specialty insulation and related fabrication in North America. We distribute industrial and commercial insulation, asbestos abatement, firestopping, refractory, marine, removable pads, safety products and contractor supplies. We serve power generation facilities, petrochemical and industrial refinery plants, governmental and institutional buildings, military and commercial vessels and offshore rigs as well as other facilities and industries.
Headquartered in Houston with locations throughout North America, our expansive network ensures customers of unparalleled technical expertise, convenient custom fabrication service and timely delivery via our in-house fleet.
Because many of our customers do business around the world, our export division negotiates and expedites all international orders and shipments.
We represent the manufacturing icons of our industry with broad product lines that provide a wide range of benefits in energy conservation, reduced greenhouse gas emissions, increased process productivity, condensation control and enhanced worker safety, all of which significantly increase our customers.