Job Description & How to Apply Below
This position is eligible for a generous sign-on bonus! Whether you're a recent Graduate Nurse looking to launch your nursing career, or a seasoned RN seeking a change, now is your moment to find your place at UPMC!
Sign-On Bonus Details (Full Time or Flex Full Time status)
- \$10,000 sign-on bonus available for Graduate Nurses and nurses with less than two years of experience
*Part Time status positions are also eligible for sign-on bonus at a prorated amount - \$7,500 for experienced nurses with over 2 years of experience, and \$5,000 for GNs and nurses with less than 2 years of experience
RN Staff Nurse Resource
.9 full time, 7a-7p/7p-7a rotation NO ON CALL
Union position: SEIU
Are you a Registered Nurse with two or more years of med/surg nursing experience looking to make the next move to professionally grow in your nursing career? UPMC Altoona is a non-profit, 380 bed, level II trauma center, and stroke certified hospital.
If you're looking for variety in your assignments, flexibility with scheduling and no on call, and expanding your knowledge base, the UPMC Altoona Nursing Resource Unit is the place for you!
This group of experienced nurses is a vital staffing tool in meeting the needs for our Med/Surg, Labor/Delivery, and Critical Care units throughout the hospital. Resource Nurses have the training and confidence to step onto any unit and deliver the same level of high quality care as regular staff nurses during times of need. Resource Unit Nurses have the knowledge and flexibility to care for patients in a variety of areas which will never make you feel stagnant in your nursing career and will expand your knowledge base to many fields of medicine. A variety of shift and scheduling options are available to help balance your work and home life and help boost your income by receiving a generous float differential.
As a valued member of this resource team you will provide direct and indirect care to patients utilizing the nursing process, provide leadership for the nursing team, and contribute to the education of a variety of members of the staff and students. Apply now to learn more!
What can a career at UPMC Altoona offer you? UPMC offers competitive pay and benefits, tuition assistance, retirement plan options, and work/life needs.
- Maintains proficiency and competency in point of care testing as defined in the evaluation criteria established by the laboratory.
- Serves as a consultant to other members of the health-care team.
- Complies with established occupational exposure policies.
- Implementation: a. Utilizes nursing care protocols and standards. b. Carries out and documents procedures according to Hospital Policy. c. Performs technical skills safely and accurately, and demonstrates a working knowledge of equipment. d. Transcribes and implements physicians' orders appropriately. e. Demonstrates knowledge of the physiological basis for the nursing care delivery. f. Demonstrates knowledge of medication and IV therapy administration according to policy. g. Initiates and coordinates health teaching for patients and families/significant other based on individual needs
- Utilizes Bed Management System, Alpha, CPOE, and all other computer systems appropriately,
- Completes annual competency validation activities.
- Planning: a.Includes the patient and family/significant other in the formulation of the plan of care. b. Prioritizes patient's needs appropriately. c. Plans, conducts, and documents patient care conferences. d. Maintains a current plan of care for each assigned patient. e. Utilizes appropriate community agencies and other health care professionals in planning care.
- Evaluation a.Revises plan of care, as necessary based on daily evaluation of patient. b.Evaluates patient's outcome based on previously defined goals. c.Evaluates and documents the patient's response to care, teaching, and treatment.
- Demonstrates professionalism in providing patient care.
- Engages the medical staff and other professionals in discussion of patient care problems resulting in mutually developed plans of care.
- Assessment a. Assesses patient and family needs and documents this information appropriately in the computer or on appropriate form. b. Reassesses patient every eight hours, and, as necessary.
- Adheres to universal precautions. Identified potential problems and initiates appropriate measures. Identifies environmental factors which deter effective patient care, initiates action, and contributes ideas towards resolution.
- Must hold a current license to practice nursing in the State of Pennsylvania
- Must satisfactorily complete the Nursing Departments orientation program and probationary period.
- Must complete NIHSS education prior to end of orientation period, if required.
- Experience required: 2 years of nursing experience
- ACLS preferred, BLS required. PALS for specific units.
- When assigned to STICU, T14-Surgical, T11, 5E, SPCU, must complete the Trauma Nurse Course within one year of hire. Must maintain six stroke and six trauma competencies per year. Must attend Trauma Symposium yearly.
- When assigned to LDRP: Two years hospital/LDRP-Nursery experience is required. ACLS and Neonatal Resuscitation preferred or must be obtained within 12 months. BLS required. Must complete the Fetal Monitoring Course within two years.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance
Education and Formal Training Required:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Diploma/ASN minimum starting rate: \$28.94
BSN minimum starting rate: \$30.19
*Starting rate commensurate with experience.
Position RequirementsLess than 1 Year work experience
Search for further Jobs Here: