Street sweeping is about more than just keeping streets, highways, parking lots and industrial complexes looking clean — it’s about eliminating safety hazards and ensuring regulation compliance. Sweeping Corporation of America (SCA) is the largest self-performing power sweeping company in the United States. SCA employs over 400 associates and utilizes more than 350 state-of-the-art street sweepers, parking lot sweepers, sewer cleaners and other support equipment daily across the country. SCA is seeking Air Sweeper Operators.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Driver will operate an Air Sweeper Truck, providing prompt service to customers on scheduled routes, including new housing developments, local cities, & road construction, etc. The Air Sweeper Truck will remove debris, including broken pavement, asphalt and concrete millings, mud and construction materials or parking lot debris build-up due to seasonal /weather changes and highway waste.
This work schedule requires individuals that can work a flexible schedule as the scheduled days of work vary from week to week with weekend nights required. Drivers work 4 shifts per week, 10 hours per shift.
1. Perform required inspection of Air Sweeper, prior to operating equipment. Pre-trip and Post-trip.
2. Review scheduled routes assigned and be proactive and ask questions if route is unclear.
3. Safely operate the Air Sweeper.
4. Complete assigned job(s) in the time allotted and maintain quality of work.
5. Exercise extra caution during inclement weather.
6. Report any equipment failures, near misses or accidents to Lead or Supervisor within 8 hours.
7. Operate a backpack blower to clean off store fronts.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent work experience closely related to the field of work.
- Valid Driver’s license required.
- Clean Driver Record over the last 5 years.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Requires work performed in outdoor environments
• Exposure to variable and adverse weather conditions.
• Exposure to noise, vibrations, jarring, fumes grease oil & chemicals.
• Active, physical work involving occasionally; lifting (50+ lbs), carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling, crouching, bending, reaching. Frequently; walking, standing, and driving and operating equipment for extended periods of time.
- Health, dental, vision & life insurance
- Paid vacation & holidays
Sweeping Corporation of America is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
Sweeping Corporation of America is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability EmployerCompany Description
Interested in a career with SCA? As we continue to grow, we are always looking to hire high-quality employees, especially drivers (CDL and non-CDL) and maintenance technicians at our locations across the country. Please fill out the information below and take your first step toward a rewarding career with SCA!