Summary: The Shop Foreman / Machine Operator position is a working Production Supervisor position that is responsible for assigning work to and monitoring shop employees in a manufacturing environment that uses manual and computer numeric controlled machinery to manufacture parts from a variety of raw materials.
This position plans and assigns work, organizes and monitors work flow with a hands-on approach, implements policies and procedures, and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
This position is that of a player-coach – one who is capable of performing manufacturing assignments personally as well as supervising others to accomplish theirs.
Duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Accomplishes manufacturing staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
2. Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities.
3. Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries
4. Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
5. Ensures operation of equipment by ensuring proper machine maintenance is completed, and calling for repairs when needed; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
6. Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests.
7. Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, record-keeping systems, forms of control; implementing change.
8. Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
9. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed; running CNC machinery, shipping, receiving and quality support.
Prior experience must testify to a self-directed, disciplined, and ‘sleeves-rolled-up’ supervisor – one who continually demonstrates a strong sense of personal accountability and performance orientation, is comfortable prioritizing and managing daily task and project workloads, and thrives in a team-oriented collaboration culture
Must have at least a high school diploma. Technical training certificates and technical degree work/achievement advantageous.
Must have a minimum of five years continuous experience as a direct supervisor in a production role for a manufacturing or machining company.
Proficiency in CNC machine programming and operation in a manufacturing environment is required.
Must possess strong math, measuring, and record keeping skills – all applied daily during the machining and quality sampling of produced parts.
Able to read blueprints, CAD data, and work instructions to build dimensionally-accurate products. (Note: All documentation is in English.)Capable of using various computer systems and applications to document work progress, record quality system requirements and results, etc. Camworks experience a plus
Able to stand for extended periods of time.
Able to lift objects up to 50 pounds.
Solid verbal and written communication skills, questioning/listening skills, and problem-solving skills.
Effective writing, speaking, and listening skills necessary. Must speak and write with fluency in English.
Demonstrated success in building positive relationships.
Must pass background check, plus initial and random drug testing.
If you think that describes you, we welcome your application!Company Description
Tychon, Inc. is a machine shop specializing in short run, close tolerance manufacturing. Tychon is focused on providing our customers with precision parts and superior customer service.