Temporary Administrative Accounting Support
- Serves as an accountant, the accounts payable officer, and assistant to the Accounting Officer (AO). Provides a full range of professional accounting services to all levels of management. Is recognized as a subject matter expert on accounting methods and techniques for the Agency's financial activities. Requires working knowledge of basic federal financial management and accounting principles. Requires familiarity with the basic tenets of the Anti-deficiency Act.
- Receives purchase orders, contracts, travel orders and similar documents for obligation against appropriated funds. Reviews documents to ensure they are authorized in accordance with regulations and charged to the applicable appropriations.
- Obligates documents by entering data into automated financial and accounting systems, verifies appropriate symbolic codes for the general ledger accounts, obligation account, cost center, limitation, and appropriation.
- Makes a detailed examination of multiple types of processed financial transactions. Ensures transactions are fully supported by documentation. Ensures all transactions are processed according to established policy.
- Receives vendor invoices and other financial documents for transactional processing, determines appropriations to be charged by object class and line item, and chargeable fiscal year prepares the documents for payment and tracks them to completion. Contacts the appropriate program manager and/or vendor if invoices are not received as scheduled. Verifies the amounts shown on invoices with the original obligation documents. Notes and resolves any discrepancies, and follows up with vendors, cost center managers, and others.
Temporary Administrative Accounting Support
- Using a working knowledge of automated financial management systems (i.e., Oracle Federal Financials) and approved spreadsheet applications such as Microsoft Excel, assists the accounting staff with invoice reconciliations.
- Prepares routine requests for information, source, and supporting documents or responds to inquiries for other kinds of information. Prepares written responses so that the information requested will be clear.
- Reviews financial documents to verify accounting data and mathematical accuracy, either enters data into a computerized system or prepares required forms, compares transactions entered to those intended, corrects invalid or incorrect entries, and assists in taking account balances to check the status of accounts.
- Generates and distributes Status of Fund, financial and accounting reports as needed. Performs other administrative functions as assigned by the AO or other accounting staff.
- Monitor and report on the status and progress of work, checking on work in progress and reviewing completed work to see that the AO's or other accounting staffs instructions on work priorities, methods, deadlines and quality have been met.
- Maintain program and administrative reference materials, project files and relevant auditable supporting documents and make available policies, procedures and written instructions from the supervisor, maintain current knowledge to answer questions on procedures, policies, directives, etc.
- Attend meetings with the AO or other accounting staff for the purpose of obtaining needed information or decisions on major work issues. Estimate and report progress on meeting established milestones and deadlines for completion of assignments, projects and tasks, and ensure that all team members are aware of and participate in planning for achievement of team goals and objectives.
- Knowledge Required by the Position Technical Competence
- Integrity/Honesty: Displays high standards of ethical conduct and understand the impact of violating these standards on an organization, self, and others; chooses an ethical course of action; is trustworthy.
- Conscientiousness: Displays commitment to producing superior results; demonstrates responsible behavior.
- Performs computations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division correctly; solves practical problems by choosing appropriately from a variety of mathematical techniques such as formulas and percentages.
- Reading: Researches and accurately interprets statutes, regulations, and directives. Employs correct usage of grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Interpersonal Skills: Shows professional courtesy and tact to others. Exercises proper judgment in difficult situations, and demonstrates a propensity for cooperative teamwork when necessary.
Flexibility: Adapts well to change.
- Writing: Uses correct English grammar, punctuation, and spelling to communicate thoughts, ideas, information, and messages in writing.
- Speaking: Uses correct English grammar to organize and communicate ideas in words that are appropriate to listeners and situations.
- Customer Service: Works and communicates professionally with clients and customers to satisfy their expectations. Shows commitment to quality services.
- Teamwork: Encourages and facilitates cooperation; fosters commitment and team spirit; works with others to achieve goals.
- Assigned tasks encompass a broad range of administrative and accounting-related assignments. This may include organizing and filing paper and electronic documents, as well as preparing data and inputs into automated systems under supervision.
- Under supervision, the incumbent ensures the accuracy of job orders, vouchers, cost estimates, funding requests, reimbursements, and/or similar transactions. Enters data and/or extracts data into/from automated systems.
1st Choice provides a variety of services to government, privately owned, commercial, and non-profit businesses throughout all of the United States.
Headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland, 1st Choice has a nationwide presence, capable of outfitting your company with efficient and affordable document management solutions. Our partners depend on us to maintain confidential records, provide certificates of destruction, and help to mitigate their storage costs. We firmly believe in building relationships with our clients by providing them with expert knowledge and processes to fulfill their business requirements. We believe in developing and sustaining relationships with our clients to provide complete strategic document management solutions for any organization.