Located in Winder, GA - We seek experienced Plastic Pipe Production Operators to run and manage our corrugated plastic pipe production process. This is a plastic extrusion-based process. The role is responsible for all shift operations activities including production, changeovers, process & production documentation, quality process, and managing downstream processes. This position requires the flexibility to work 40+ hours per week and some weekends in shift rotations covering a 24/7 operation (day/night shifts). There will be a training and application period to learn all facets of the process, end to end. The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Corrugated plastic pipe or extrusion machinery/mechanical expertise
- Manage the downstream process, personnel, and equipment
- Proactively manage engagement with maintenance team for planned and reactive maintenance of production equipment
- The ability to run and change overall diameter of pipe with minimal downtime, including root cause diagnostics
- Perform and analyze quality control monitoring and accurate reporting of production
- Perform tooling changeovers in an efficient manner
- Meet or exceed standard production efficiencies on all production lines
- Maintain facility housekeeping
- Practice proper PPE compliance and maintain a safe working record and environment
- Document all procedures, processes, and operations for replication and future use
- Execute quality control and testing
- Manage product input flows and inventory levels
- Train and organize downstream staff
- Meet or exceed facility housekeeping expectations
- Understand, practice, and align decisions with SeC core values
Primary Job Skills:
An applicant should possess and be able to provide examples of the following skills/knowledge depending on experience level:
- Multi-stage manufacturing and production process experience using extruder technologies
- Strong, demonstrated mechanical problem-solving skills
- Ability to direct & cross-train downstream personnel
- Ability to learn to read and use shop drawings
- An enjoyment of working with machinery and tools.
- Enjoyment of helping others and building trusting relationships
- Troubleshoot & document process and mechanical problems and perform repairs and adjustments to meet production needs
- Takes quick action to help customer needs and teammates
- Familiarity with and ability to use bill of material products
- Ability to diagnose, document, and solve problems of an analytical nature and document production processes & procedures
- Operating system knowledge including, inventory and production functions
- Intermediate computer skills
Ideal Skills & Experience
- 2+ years in a plastic extruder-based production environment or other extruder-based production processes
- Experience performing tool and die changeovers
- Experience operating in a process improvement-based environment (LEAN/6 Sigma, PMP, Kaizen, etc.)
- Creating documentation and procedures and implementing and training others on manufacturing processes
Ideal Candidate Interests
- Mechanical – an enjoyment of building and repairing things and working with machinery and tools
- Technical – an enjoyment of learning technical material, interpreting complex information and solving abstract problems
- People Service - an enjoyment of collaboration, compromise, and helping others
Ideal Behavioral Traits
- Responds well to time constraints and generally works at a steady to brisk pace.
- Enjoys influencing others but is still willing to follow direction from others when necessary.
- Generally outgoing and capable of working effectively in a team environment.
- Creating trusting relationships with supervisors, peers, and direct reports.
- Effective without constant oversight yet welcomes structure and supervision.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude.
- Balances timeliness and deliberation but is comfortable making quick decisions.
- Responds appropriately to the needs of others but willingly defends his or her opinions.
- Uses judgement that balances common sense and practical experience.
- Demonstrates our core values:
- Take Action Now – Be Responsive
- Help Others First – Be Extra- Ordinary
- Earn the Trust – Be Professional
- Respect the Small – Details Matter / People Matter
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Vocational, technical degree preferred
- Must submit to a background check
- Must be willing to work a 24/7, day & night shift rotation
- Competitive pay
- Insurance and benefits including 401(k) with matching and a profit-sharing program
Located in Winder, GA - Southeast Culvert, Inc. (SeC) is a family-owned business and leading manufacturer of corrugated plastic pipe used in storm-water management solutions. We have been in business since 1981 and are growing!